Electrician Talk banner

Looking for stacked toggle decorat style toggle switch

2553 Views 16 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  robnj772
Hi I'm looking for the equivalent of Eagle 3276W-Box Decora Face two 3-way Quiet switches. This product has been discontinued and the replacement has rocker switches. I need toggle not rocker. I cannot use the equivalent of Leviton 5224. This is for a special application for a handicapped client so I'm not going into all the whys of not using some other style. Suffice it to say that this style is the client's preference. We have several applications where there is a three gang box with 6 switches (turned horizontal in the box) so that the switches all operate in an up/down motion. I'm looking to replace a couple of bad switches and would like to have several in stock. I've searched all over. Any assistance is appreciated.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
5,968 Posts
I need toggle not rocker.
I feel like I'm missing something. So I guess I'll ask the dumb question... Whats the difference? I honestly never heard of a distinction between the two. Are you perhaps referring to something else like a positive off-on compared to momentary contact?

edit.
Ahh

Rocker = deco
I never heard that distinction used.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just checked and the Cooper 7731 now comes with rocker switches although the photo on the web page is the one we're looking for with toggles. I need to find an old hardware store with dusty shelves!

Thanks again for all the assistance.

· Banned
4,430 Posts
Just checked and the Cooper 7731 now comes with rocker switches although the photo on the web page is the one we're looking for with toggles. I need to find an old hardware store with dusty shelves!

Thanks again for all the assistance.

They have tons of them at every suppy house around here

· Registered
4,653 Posts
To the OP :

What's a "decorat"? :laughing: I thought of this guy when I saw that:

For the record, most folks call this a Decora:

And the Cooper switch is a toggle:

That concludes our device tutorial for today.

Next time: Why a receptacle is not a plug. :laughing:

Attachments

· Ayuh
1,112 Posts

· Banned
4,430 Posts
I'm looking for the style of the 680WG in a 3-way. The style needs to be rectangular/ GFI or Decora not the old outlet style.
Thanks for trying.

You know what?

You need to stop being so lazy, the amount of effort you took to post all this could have been better spent.

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/ps_legrand/catalog1112/#/34

All you had to do is page thur the link someone was so nice to post for you

Look at the the TM833 series

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.