Electrician Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, thanks for having me here.

I'm 23 years old and have taken odd jobs that haven't really amounted to anything since graduating high school in 2008. Feels like a lot of wasted time, though I'm pretty happy so I guess it isn't too bad. Anyway, I'm moving from B.C to Alberta next month and am going to look to start an apprenticeship towards becoming an electrician. My roommate is currently a third year and is going to help me pick out all the tools I'll need and give me some direction, but he's really busy right now (he's already out there working) and I don't want to pester him with all the little questions I have.

So I was wondering if you guys could help me out,

When it comes to getting an apprenticeship, do you just look for a job in commercial/residential and ask your employer to apprentice you? Is it considered a nuisance for employers to have someone come up and ask for an apprentice right away (like should I work for a while and then pop the question?)?

I've got a dog to take care of, a truck to fuel up, and a savings account that needs filling for the future. So I want to get started on something and work hard towards something that will create a good future for me and an eventual family. Any help is appreciated!

Cheers guys.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
I can't send you a private message because you're brand new to this site but the company I work for is hiring in Alberta and Saskatchewan, including brand new inexperienced guys. It's a good company to work for. Not sure what city you plan to live in though(maybe you haven't decided).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't send you a private message because you're brand new to this site but the company I work for is hiring in Alberta and Saskatchewan, including brand new inexperienced guys. It's a good company to work for. Not sure what city you plan to live in though(maybe you haven't decided).
I'll be moving to Red Deer for January. Do you have a website or e-mail I could contact you with?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts