Electrician Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
A lot of people talk crap on em but I have gone over to the Milwaukee hand tools. I love them and think they work and hold up great. The one and only thing I dislike is the strippers/needle nose. I like only using one tool for both but the lock on them to keep them closed is plastic. I dropped them and it popped. now they don't lock close. But other than that they are great.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Blayney86 said:
A lot of people talk crap on em but I have gone over to the Milwaukee hand tools. I love them and think they work and hold up great. The one and only thing I dislike is the strippers/needle nose. I like only using one tool for both but the lock on them to keep them closed is plastic. I dropped them and it popped. now they don't lock close. But other than that they are great.
You are not alone! I also switched to them. I am actually impressed by them. The strippers have plastic and metal locks. You have to weed through the plastic ones to find metal.

·
Registered
166 Posts
You are not alone! I also switched to them. I am actually impressed by them. The strippers have plastic and metal locks. You have to weed through the plastic ones to find metal.
Good to know I think im gonna have to find a set of the metal! On another note I am interested to try Milwaukee's new skillink I saw a teaser for on facebook. Supposed to be a sharpie that will write through drywall dust, oil and masonry dust. If it truly does I will be impressed! Milwaukee has won me over but im weird about having my stuff match. They don't have quiet the best selection yet but they seem to be building it up slowly.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Good to know I think im gonna have to find a set of the metal! On another note I am interested to try Milwaukee's new skillink I saw a teaser for on facebook. Supposed to be a sharpie that will write through drywall dust, oil and masonry dust. If it truly does I will be impressed! Milwaukee has won me over but im weird about having my stuff match. They don't have quiet the best selection yet but they seem to be building it up slowly.
I really like Knipex...very well made, well engineered tools. I do like the Milwaukee stuff but most of it is made in China, for that reason I will not buy them.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Depends what you want OP.

I like knipex as well, milwaukee looks good too. Greenlee is also a good choice.
Stay away from klein, after a linesman and a phillips/flat I'm done with them.
Where do you work in queens, electrical contractor?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.