Electrician Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, im a final year highschool student looking to start my apprentice in electrical next year, just wondering if anyone could give me a recap on what they had to do, how long they spent in class, how long it took you to start working on site, do you have to find your own company to take you as an apprentice, etc. Thanks

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
AaronG said:
Hi everyone, im a final year highschool student looking to start my apprentice in electrical next year, just wondering if anyone could give me a recap on what they had to do, how long they spent in class, how long it took you to start working on site, do you have to find your own company to take you as an apprentice, etc. Thanks
that topic header looks SOOOO wrong! 4-5 yr of classes alot depends if u go union or not!

·
Licensed Journeyman
5,880 Posts
Title like that I was suspecting some not so tender man love goings on.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
4 years of school around here

As far as when you will get on the job, I don't know. I had a truck and was running jobs before I actually started going to school.

·
Registered
32 Posts
AaronG said:
In new York it's a total of 6 years that includes labor history. So in 6 years the highest you can make is 70 an hour total package

·
Electric Al
4,823 Posts

Looking to do my apprentice !

When I read this , the first thing that came to my mind was .... Is She Cute ?

:eek: :laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
7,869 Posts
Best thread title of the year! :thumbup:

Union=apply for a spot, take some tests and wait.

Non union= knock on doors and look/sound like you really want to work.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I’m from Ontario too,
I know some high schools have a co-op program, I have had many co-op students and most of them got their apprenticeship that way. Also Fanshawe Collage has a pre apprentice course.
http://www.fanshawec.ca/programs-courses/apprenticeship
If you need some guidance Just email me. :thumbup:

·
amp champ
17 Posts
:thumbup: started my appt . after high school. maintain good math skills.stay in the nec most importantly stay enthusiatic best of luck great decision! Thanks for making me laugh about your apprentice

1 - 14 of 14 Posts