Electrician Talk banner

Lots Of Panel Upgrades Soon To Come?

1202 Views 28 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  kb1jb1
Not usually the one to pay much attention to politics, however I couldn't just read this without posting. "A new electrical panel could save your family up to 30% on your monthly electrical use."

All that energy saved simply by replacing a panel? Hmmmm :ROFLMAO:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
37,001 Posts
Geez, they got the shut off meter's for crying out loud. Are they afraid we are gonna overcome that with jumpers or something? When you see government offering tax lowering for putting in more control devices like that, run for the hills.

Reactions: MHElectric

· Registered
Electrical and communications contractor, New York NEC 2017
2,621 Posts
"A new electrical panel could save your family up to 30% on your monthly electrical use."

So Joe, tell us how you were an electrician, you know, right after you were a tractor-trailer driver? Or maybe KJP can answer that question at the next press conference. How would changing the electrical panel save electric??? Must have been discussed at the WEF.

-Hal

· Registered
Power distribution and controls
2,932 Posts
Not as simple as it seems. Has to be in conjunction with ............

· Registered
Electrical and communications contractor, New York NEC 2017
2,621 Posts
Not as simple as it seems. Has to be in conjunction with ............

Looks like they want everybody to be ready for the electric ranges and EVs they're going to have to buy.

-Hal

· Registered
Power distribution and controls
2,932 Posts
I checked the rebate programs for Arizona, only program available in my area is solar.
I have read the contract with cave man electric and refuse to sign. So my solar will be off grid.

· Registered
Industrial Wireman
136 Posts
Not usually the one to pay much attention to politics, however I couldn't just read this without posting. "A new electrical panel could save your family up to 30% on your monthly electrical use."

All that energy saved simply by replacing a panel? Hmmmm :ROFLMAO:

I heard with the solar panels the United States government was pushing a couple years back and probably today... The problem is they gave you a big incentive but they wouldn't let you install them yourself 🤢🤢🤬

· Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
37,001 Posts
Most solar installers around here are complete Hacks. I don't know how anything passes inspection.
I find neutral lugs attached to buss bars with self tapping tek screws.........

Reactions: GigawattsGW
1 - 20 of 29 Posts