Electrician Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished up a job i had at that mobile home today and noticed almost everything I touched in the place I got a zap like static electricity. I asked her if she noticed this and she says she feels that all the time and told me she worries about it because she has propane cooking.

I got zapped inside and outside on the porch touching the metal weatherproof cover on an outlet i installed. I also feel it when I walk in and touch the panel.

Ideas of what this can be?

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Are you sure its static? Not some hack electrician using a neutral as a ground somewhere.

Reactions: MHElectric

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you sure its static? Not some hack electrician using a neutral as a ground somewhere.
I didn't investigate it because I wasn't called for that. I mentioned it to her after I was done the job today. I actually don't think its static now that I think about it. I was on the porch and touched the bell cover and got a nice zap it was dark out and I saw the arch from my finger.

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
I didn't investigate it because I wasn't called for that. I mentioned it to her after I was done the job today. I actually don't think its static now that I think about it. I was on the porch and touched the bell cover and got a nice zap it was dark out and I saw the arch from my finger.
Does it do it everytime you touch it or just one and done?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
You guys are smoking crack. One of my rooms in m house does that all the time. It's called static. Pick up your feet when you walk and stop wearing cheap wal mart slippers.

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
I saw the arch from my finger.
I could be wrong but I don't think 120v can ionize.

of course I don't know how your going to get a static shock outside off a bell box standing on the ground either.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I could be wrong but I don't think 120v can ionize.

of course I don't know how your going to get a static shock outside off a bell box standing on the ground either.
Ok it was my blood shooting out of my finger then. A spark jumped from my finger to the box just before i touched it.

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Well there is no doubt in MY mind your gonna kill someone, I guess it doesn't make a difference if its this trailer or the next one I guess.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.