Electrician Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Sparks fly from my finger
2,530 Posts
I think you have to use 30 or 40 pound tanks on them cause 20s won't boil fast enough at full load. That could get expensive having to buy a big supply of tanks for extended runs.

I am waiting till they makes a 10 kW one that runs on a 20 pound tank.

·
Can't Remember
10,789 Posts
As I recall its pull start only. Depends upon what you are going to use it for. I like the Honda EU2000 for use on the job during service upgrades. As for home use, there are propane conversions for portables out there. Haven't tried one yet. Winco has tri fuel ones.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I'm going to go with the smaller capacity model, the LP 3250. I desire a Honda generator, but they are a bit out of my price range. I also don't have any gasoline powered tools, so having a gasoline generator is somewhat unappealing.

·
Can't Remember
10,789 Posts
Really depends upon what you are trying to do. These small ones are great for around the jobsite for running a hole hawg, charging batteries or a drop light. A little light for real home use during a storm. The bigger ones are better for home use but take a lot of space in a van and are heavy. I like the idea they have with the bottles on board, but wonder what its like to pull start in the winter. I don't sell people pull start units for that reason. I haven't tried one yet and don't know anyone with one. Doesn't mean its a bad product though.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Really depends upon what you are trying to do. These small ones are great for around the jobsite for running a hole hawg, charging batteries or a drop light. A little light for real home use during a storm. The bigger ones are better for home use but take a lot of space in a van and are heavy. I like the idea they have with the bottles on board, but wonder what its like to pull start in the winter. I don't sell people pull start units for that reason. I haven't tried one yet and don't know anyone with one. Doesn't mean its a bad product though.
As long as the oil furnace is on and water runs I'm a happy camper. The furnace and water filtration/pump/septic can pull 2300w max. The furnace is the only continuous load at 250w.

I'll let you know how it goes haha I just can't be bothered maintaining several 5 gallon gas tanks.

·
Can't Remember
10,789 Posts
Then go for the larger 5500 model. I don't like seeing people running the well pumps on small units. Worth the investment for a bigger unit. If you do get one, let us know how it runs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.