Electrician Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never seen anything like this.. old school space heater that lights up I guess. Sorry I didn't take a picture of the side there's old pushbutton style wall switches on either side.

Attachments

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Very cool, real copper back wall too? Do those bulbs still light/heat?

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah copper, sides are cast iron. The guy that has it is restoring it and is waiting to get a cord made but unbelievably all the bulbs still work

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Yeah copper, sides are cast iron. The guy that has it is restoring it and is waiting to get a cord made but unbelievably all the bulbs still work
Awesome. It's a shame we cannot manufacture anything in the USA like that anymore.

I just had some Chinese lady screaming at me like I was her slave because my idling truck left some diesel fumes in her nail salon. I had to remind what country she's in and if she want's to ask with respect I gladly move it. She declined to do so and I decided to leave her some extra fumes with an accelerated idle.

·
Donuts > Fried Eggs
17,042 Posts
I will miss large incandescent lamps. In the winter I would switch out 60W lamps w/ larger ones, mostly to take the chill out, where I was working
You mean you have one of those heaters or these were just regular A19s? Seen a lot of old control panels where the cabinet heaters were just a couple 100W lamps.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Awesome. It's a shame we cannot manufacture anything in the USA like that anymore.

I just had some Chinese lady screaming at me like I was her slave because my idling truck left some diesel fumes in her nail salon. I had to remind what country she's in and if she want's to ask with respect I gladly move it. She declined to do so and I decided to leave her some extra fumes with an accelerated idle.
That will teach her to ruin our economy:laughing:

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Hippie
can U read that nameplate for us?

~CS~
It just says Westinghouse luminous radiator volts amps & watts.. I also meant to get a close up of it but forgot. I do know there wasn't a date cause that was the only thing I was really looking for. I just got a few pics and then got distracted looking at other stuff, the guy that has it runs a neon sign business and has a shop overflowing with cool stuff, tons of vintage clocks and signs etc

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Very cool. I had never seen that kind of bulb before, but apparently it was somewhat common around the early 1900's. Saw some past auctions for those fixtures having gone for upward of $375 by the way.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ele...l4CwAQ&ved=0CHEQsAQ&biw=1920&bih=918#imgdii=_

From a couple of lamp resources, there is no replacement lamp made for those so the lamps themselves are like gold to collectors. If I were restoring it, I would put a dimmer control in anything that connected it, try to keep those lamps intact.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Very cool. I had never seen that kind of bulb before, but apparently it was somewhat common around the early 1900's. Saw some past auctions for those fixtures having gone for upward of $375 by the way.

https://www.google.com/search?q=electric+bulb+heater&newwindow=1&client=firefox-a&hs=EGM&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=97-8UuyIOojt2wXkl4CwAQ&ved=0CHEQsAQ&biw=1920&bih=918#imgdii=_

From a couple of lamp resources, there is no replacement lamp made for those so the lamps themselves are like gold to collectors. If I were restoring it, I would put a dimmer control in anything that connected it, try to keep those lamps intact.
The lamps are what caught my eye at first, definitely never seen anything quite like them. Found a ad for one here
http://books.google.com/books?id=um...a=X&ei=fK68UrntFtHpkAflzoCQAg&ved=0CDYQ6AEwAw

1 - 17 of 17 Posts