Electrician Talk banner

Lutron Controls

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  ecelectric 
#1 ·
Has anybody installed a Lutron Lighting Control System in a house.

I have done thier Grafik Eye system on commercial projects before, but it seems like it would be a pain in the butt to do in a house. Any suggestions? The system speced is a RadioRA I believe, not a Grafik Eye.

I'd take all the advice I can get - thanks!

#4 ·
I've done a couple of Radio RA2 systems for just a few loads. You have to sit through several hours of web based instruction to download the software. Once set up, it's really slick, but the learning curve is a bit frustrating. We just did some landscape lighting through the router interface so that they can turn the lights on with their iPhone. One system has been in for 2 years with no issues. RadioRa2 works with standard wiring, no central panel.

#5 ·
Has anybody installed a Lutron Lighting Control System in a house.

I have done thier Grafik Eye system on commercial projects before, but it seems like it would be a pain in the butt to do in a house. Any suggestions? The system speced is a RadioRA I believe, not a Grafik Eye.

I'd take all the advice I can get - thanks!
I installed a Radio Ra2 system last year for the first time. How many devices are you planning on? We had to go to a 1 day class to be able to download the software. If you go over 100 devices, you need the next level training. From what I hear, they're now coming out with the Caseta system which will support up to 50 devices. It really isn't to difficult to do, you just have to decide on system layout. The job we did has around 80 devices as of now but it's easy to add more. There's a lot of whistles and bells that can be added so you'll have to see exactly what is spec'd out. Are they going with shades too?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.