Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
16,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it doesn't exist, but should it? I'm talking about an adapter/power supply that you would plug into the battery terminals that has a 120 volt power cord, so you could use your tools in plug-in mode if you ever wanted to.

If Milwaukee came out with this, would you buy it?

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I know it doesn't exist, but should it? I'm talking about an adapter/power supply that you would plug into the battery terminals that has a 120 volt power cord, so you could use your tools in plug-in mode if you ever wanted to.

I see.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Banned
39,206 Posts
No, absolutely not.

There is simply no reason for any of the tools that I use.

M18 tools last a long time. Even the high draw tools last long with the 9.0 batteries.

Why plug a tool in when you can just use it cordless and rotate 2 batteries in the charger?

That idea only made sense back in the old days when you could kill a battery in 10 minutes and it took an hour to charge it.

·
Petulant Amateur
Poor electrician, excellent bull chitter.
24,498 Posts
It isn't difficult to keep your batteries charged up. That's what skinny batteries are for, to buy you time while the fat one charges.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I wish the 1" 9/16 rotor hammer had a plug in like the light (m18 rover), then I would for sure buy it. My light is sweet but only runs on high (5.0) for 2 hours (3000 lumens). Most of the time im o.k. with 2 hours but some days I plug it in if working a remodel that's lacking temporary light etc ..

·
Banned
39,206 Posts
I wish the 1" 9/16 rotor hammer had a plug in like the light (m18 rover), then I would for sure buy it. My light is sweet but only runs on high (5.0) for 2 hours (3000 lumens). Most of the time im o.k. with 2 hours but some days I plug it in if working a remodel that's lacking temporary light etc ..

Does the 9.0 fit that light?

I am still VERY happy with the little M12 Rover light and find that the middle brightness is enough for 95% of my uses, even pitch black basements during a panel change.

·
Banned
16,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the plug in option of the M18 TrueView Floodlight. It eats a 5.0 battery just as quickly as the rover so the 9.0 is essential. I try to use it on plug in mode as much as possible.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Does the 9.0 fit that light?

I am still VERY happy with the little M12 Rover light and find that the middle brightness is enough for 95% of my uses, even pitch black basements during a panel change.
Yes it does and I'm looking to purchase one soon.
I'm am intense guy Hack and I like my lights bright. I probably have 8 cordless lights. I string them out accordingly if I'm working in an attic, room and crawlspace.
I carry on me usually 3 on most remodel job s / can lights...m12 rover light, rover light (AA battery) and lantern.

·
Banned
39,206 Posts
Yes it does and I'm looking to purchase one soon.
I'm am intense guy Hack and I like my lights bright. I probably have 8 cordless lights. I string them out accordingly if I'm working in an attic, room and crawlspace.
I carry on me usually 3 on most remodel job s / can lights...m12 rover light, rover light (AA battery) and lantern.

Damn! That's a lot. But at least Milwaukee has a lot of options for you.

I'm the opposite due to my laziness so I like to go in lean :thumbsup:

·
Registered
149 Posts

In know we're not carpenters, but I feel like Milwaukee would sell more of their miter saws if they made a corded/cordless model. Typically those are used when power is available, but would still be nice to have the battery only option for some jobs.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
ElecPatsFan Yoostabee
222 Posts

This was the idea that I had thought of for my invention as discussed in another thread. Unfortunately, Black and Decker has the patent on such an animal but has chosen not to do anything with it. Someone here on the forum said that it would require to much instantaneous power to be a reasonable sized transformer that could fit in an empty battery shell.

·
Old Grumpy Bastard
61,158 Posts
In know we're not carpenters, but I feel like Milwaukee would sell more of their miter saws if they made a corded/cordless model. Typically those are used when power is available, but would still be nice to have the battery only option for some jobs.
I was thinking of a tool I'd use MTW's adapter with and none came to mind until you mentioned it.

I think an adapter would be great for a mitre saw or any tool that matter where you are working in a fixed spot.

·
Hackenschmidt
10,670 Posts
SDS max drill (for driving ground rods), vacuum, hedge clippers, circular saw, a power adapter would be nice. I'd see it just as a clip in that fits in the battery slot with heavy leads to a DC power supply.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts