Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I also have a Milwaukee M12 radio and am happy with it but why don't any Milwaukee radios also charge the battery like the DeWalts?

·
Registered
508 Posts
It is heavy and takes up space if you have it on a lift or your work cart. Otherwise it rocks, I have the m12 version also which is nicer when you don't need it to be too loud

·
Senior Lurker
1,310 Posts
I use both, the 18 is for rocking the shop, the 12 is great for on the go. Either will make you happy. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
7,230 Posts
My Bosch radio charges batteries just like my dewalt radio.
Maybe Dewalt and Bosch are same company?

My old Makita radio didn't charge, my new Milwaukee radio doesn't charge. I know the Rigid ones don't charge either. Total scam, because that's an awesome feature.

Anywho.. the m12 radio sounds fine, not a lot of power though, I've heard the m18 before and it has more thump to it. It's big though!

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
When Bosch first brought out their radio/charger combo Dewalt sued them

and I believe that Bosch had to pay a pretty hefty sum for patent infringement

Not sure if they list their radios as a charger now, but from what I understand they do charge the battery

·
Rest In Peace
6,298 Posts

Not sure if they list their radios as a charger now, but from what I understand they do charge the battery
:censored: Once agin ya beat me to it.

·
Rest In Peace
6,298 Posts

I did not know about that.

·
:-)
3,670 Posts
The m18s are pretty substantial. Duct tape a charger on it. Ty-wrap the cord a bit. Take the unit apart and splic in with some wages. Done.

Screw dewalt.

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
I have the M12 radio and my experience is that it sucks ass. Reception is terrible on mine. :censored:

I have the M12 radio as well and my reception sucks as well. Not bad when using the ipod with it though.

anyone know if there is an aftermarket antenna that may help?

had a Ryobi radio a few years back and it got pretty damn good reception. Not bad for $30

1 - 20 of 23 Posts