Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I've found, they don't exist anymore. I don't get it why a company hasn't (re)started making them in the USA. I know it's cheaper to get em made in China or Mexico, but there are a lot of people I see asking online where to find a made in USA cordless. I would put money that if a company established a USA made cordless tool line, they would have a following, even at a significantly higher price. They would have the full market share of USA made cordless tools... why hasn't this happened yet?

·
Rest In Peace
6,298 Posts
From what I've found, they don't exist anymore. I don't get it why a company hasn't (re)started making them in the USA. I know it's cheaper to get em made in China or Mexico, but there are a lot of people I see asking online where to find a made in USA cordless. I would put money that if a company established a USA made cordless tool line, they would have a following, even at a significantly higher price. They would have the full market share of USA made cordless tools... why hasn't this happened yet?
All USA made stuff, is made overseas.

·
Conservitum Americum
8,752 Posts
Greedy capitalist corporations!

:whistling2: :laughing:

·
Super Moderator
Licensed Electrical Contractor
11,768 Posts
Even the venerable Milwaukee is a shadow of it's former self.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
You think enough people would pay more for something that would probably be no better than its foreign counterpart that a company would or could become profitable?

What are you smoking?

·
Rest In Peace
6,298 Posts
You think enough people would pay more for something that would probably be no better than its foreign counterpart that a company would or could become profitable?

What are you smoking?
Peach flavored cigarillos. And drinking beer. And I like you.

You have a purty mouth.:laughing::laughing::laughing:

J/K. I am in one of those moods.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
People buy Redwing shoes, Ford, and Snap-On ... yeah, i'm pretty sure there are enough people who would buy American, even if the only difference was it was made in America and nothing more. I paid almost $40 for a spring punch... cause it was made in America. I'm sure i'm not the only one.

What are you smoking?

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
aftershockews said:
Peach flavored cigarillos. And drinking beer. And I like you. You have a purty mouth.:laughing::laughing::laughing: J/K. I am in one of those moods.
I prefer the grape flavored cigarillos myself.

And if the company that you suggest existed and thrived I bet it would be just a matter if time before it to moved its manufacturing overseas.

·
Banned
7,230 Posts
Yeah I would totally buy a $700 "American" made cordless drill. :rolleyes:

O'Pleeeeez.

And don't tell me Ford's are made in America.. they're assembled in America from parts made overseas.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts

·
:-)
3,670 Posts
Everyone has to make a few bucks. Mostly it's the dirt bag corporations in the USA.

It's not like the pigs pay a little less in say... Mexico or China. I'm betting a M18 hammer drill costs them like $9.00 bucks.

They aren't good people. Hopefully they will pay one day.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Greedy dirtbag corporations. Because they moved their manufacturing to China, I got a M18 Fuel drill (that has done all that I need and more day after day) for probably a third of what it would cost if it were made in the ol' Red White and Blue. Now, I have a tool that works great, and more money to spend on other things I want or need, thereby increasing my standard of living, while also allowing me to offer a lower price to customers, who can then spend their savings on other made in China garbage. Dirty scum of the earth.

And the Chinese guy who is making a measly $.75 per hour in that factory is thrilled because he has tripled his income from the $.25 per hour that he was making hand planting rice, and can now feed his family. Evil capitalists.

·
Electrical Contractor
9,327 Posts
Greedy dirtbag corporations. Because they moved their manufacturing to China, I got a M18 Fuel drill (that has done all that I need and more day after day) for probably a third of what it would cost if it were made in the ol' Red White and Blue. Now, I have a tool that works great, and more money to spend on other things I want or need, thereby increasing my standard of living, while also allowing me to offer a lower price to customers, who can then spend their savings on other made in China garbage. Dirty scum of the earth.

And the Chinese guy who is making a measly $.75 per hour in that factory is thrilled because he has tripled his income from the $.25 per hour that he was making hand planting rice, and can now feed his family. Evil capitalists.
Livin' the dream!;):rolleyes::laughing::clap::lol:

·
Senior Lurker
1,310 Posts
Well, I bought the Danner Super Rain Forest cuz it was made in the USA. :thumbsup:

Wouldnt do it twice though.

Bahahahaha

·
Senior Lurker
1,310 Posts
After 6 months, they feel just like the Danner Quarry's I had prior. Hope they feel like the 6 month Quarrys for a couple more years though at the price I paid. :bangin:

·
Senior Lurker
1,310 Posts
Im so invested in my current cordless setup Id never change brand or voltage. Not sure if Im alone here but Id rather replace a tool or battery every now and then instead of jumping ship just for a Made in Oosuh stamp.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts