Electrician Talk banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
Residential, lite comm., Industrial
3,830 Posts
Looking for suggestions on what to do with this main feed in. The house is in Florida and the walls are block with 1x3 furring strips. This 150 amp service cable comes through the block at a few inches above floor level and is then fastened to the wall in 2 places before running into the attic space, then to the garage about 45' to the main panel. The cable is as thick if not a tad thicker than the furring strips. So how can I protect this main feed in?
My thoughts were to add a second 1x3 furring strip to make them 2x3 and then get a 16 gauge galvanized plate made to cover it right up to the ceiling. Also note that this wall that the cable comes in is where the home owners want to put their TV. The photo shows that the bottom of the block about 1/4 up has been cut through exposing the inside of the block as if the cable was to be put inside the wall. But it was not cut all the way up. So can I cut a channel all the way up and put the main feed in the wall and seal with mortar? Or should I go with my 16 gauge plate idea? Any other suggestions? Home owner is worried that cable may interfere with TV picture, that's least of my worries to be honest but could that also be an issue with a LED tv? View attachment 162151
Why are you not replacing that cable and taking a different safer path?
if it does not originate in a main breaker or fuse i would not allow it to roam all over my house without OCPD
i dont care what poco or code says ... not in my house

·
Big nosed attic troll
10,711 Posts
Why are you not replacing that cable and taking a different safer path?
if it does not originate in a main breaker or fuse i would not allow it to roam all over my house without OCPD
i dont care what poco or code says ... not in my house
Because maybe he isn’t an electrician?

21 - 40 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.