30,665 Posts
This thread is B4T...:rolleyes::rolleyes::laughing:
Here is a load letter I used..

August 25, 2008

LIPA
1650 Brentwood Road
Brentwood, N.Y. 11717

REF. # T100744526

NEW BUILDING #1 - Six (6) 200 amp. Single Phase Services with 600 amp. Disconnect Switch - TOTAL LOAD 25KW.

NEW BUILDING #2 - Ten (10) 100 amp. Single Phase Services with 600 amp. Disconnect Switch - TOTAL LOAD 25KW.

EXISTING BUILDING #3 - Eleven (11) 100 amp. Single Phase Services with 600 amp. Disconnect Switch - TOTAL LOAD 25KW.

EXISTING BUILDING #4 - Eleven (11) 100 amp. Single Phase services with 600 amp Disconnect Switch - TOTAL LOAD 25KW

·
Scotchkote Installer
30,665 Posts
I figured it was the letter from a GC saying that you were the only one that bid but you are too high. That's a load letter.
It is telling the PoCo what the new load will be on existing lines and transformers.. so they can upgrade if need be..

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
That's a lot better than what we deal with here. Usually it goes like this. Hello Mr. poco engineer, I have a customer which is building an addition on to his building, we are adding x, x and x. The existing electric service is large enough but we noticed that you have a 10 KVA transformer on this 320 amp service.
poco
Well we have not seen a load increase, unless it gives problems we are not going to replace unless it is at the customer expense.

Month later primary fuse blows. Linemen installs larger fuse.
6 months later, utility installing a new 10 KVA transformer.

·
fertilizer distrubuter
1,250 Posts
I hate to make an on topic post but I use electric pro for Android. It does resi and multi load calcs you can then email them to yourself. It also does a good job of everything else you coul possibly want including rotting my brain to the point I cant do a simple conduit fill without throwing my code book and grabbing my phone.

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
35,178 Posts
Most of the letters I type are kinda "loaded", I admit right off the bat......:whistling2:

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
That's a lot better than what we deal with here. Usually it goes like this. Hello Mr. poco engineer, I have a customer which is building an addition on to his building, we are adding x, x and x. The existing electric service is large enough but we noticed that you have a 10 KVA transformer on this 320 amp service.
poco
Well we have not seen a load increase, unless it gives problems we are not going to replace unless it is at the customer expense.

Month later primary fuse blows. Linemen installs larger fuse.
6 months later, utility installing a new 10 KVA transformer.
Wish the transformer on our road would finally give up. It looks like a large rusty tin can and when we use our tankless water heater even the neighbours lights dim. Last I checked we lose close to ten volts a leg. But they say no problem.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.