Electrician Talk banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts
To start with the AFofL/CIO is nothing more than a fund raising arm of the arm of the Democratic party. The day you think it cares about man on the factory floor or the man on the scaffold or in the ditch you are living in a fantasy world. Most union members feel that the AFofL/CIO is out of touch with the union members. Case in point look at the UMW and the UA. The union bosses say you have to vote democratic because they have our interest at heart .
The members say that they( the democrats) are putting us on the unemployment line. Then the union bosses just remember that they have our interest at heart . Why would anyone who can think and reason want to give money to a organization that supports a candidate that is going to put them out of a job and take away his gun rights.
Then no one has ever explained to me if all of this work is going to be done union what are the non signatured crafts workers that locals will not take going to do? Work for Mc Donalds or Taco Bell ?
The unions need to change their democrats only thinking about national politics and support candidates who really do have their interests from both sides.

LC
you got my VOTE

Discussion starter · #23 ·
To start with the AFofL/CIO is nothing more than a fund raising arm of the arm of the Democratic party. The day you think it cares about man on the factory floor or the man on the scaffold or in the ditch you are living in a fantasy world. Most union members feel that the AFofL/CIO is out of touch with the union members. Case in point look at the UMW and the UA. The union bosses say you have to vote democratic because they have our interest at heart .
The members say that they( the democrats) are putting us on the unemployment line. Then the union bosses just remember that they have our interest at heart . Why would anyone who can think and reason want to give money to a organization that supports a candidate that is going to put them out of a job and take away his gun rights.
Then no one has ever explained to me if all of this work is going to be done union what are the non signatured crafts workers that locals will not take going to do? Work for Mc Donalds or Taco Bell ?
The unions need to change their democrats only thinking about national politics and support candidates who really do have their interests from both sides.

LC
The NLRB tried to make a rule redefining joint employers that would make it harder to hold fast food companies and temp agencies to be held accountable. Until a Federal judge struck it down. Republicans see the NRLB as a weapon to legitimize their love of cheap and weak labor. The NRLB should always on the side of the worker. Business has plenty of advocates.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I know most people think that locals blindly endorse democrats for elections. Our local is very pro active in town and county politics. Actively trying to secure jobs and keep guys employed. When they sent out their recommendations on who they were backing locally, it was predominantly Republicans. Biden was one of the few Democrats.

I think it at this point in time it would be easier to provide you with a list of those that don't.
LC

I think it at this point in time it would be easier to provide you with a list of those that don't.
LC
What? You gonna send me the lists of the members of the House and the Senate?

:)

Seems like politics as usual.

? what is the market like in your area, Boston office market is down big time Union contractors are finishing up some large projects but not much down the road.
37% of office workers are not going back and developers are scrambling to to rework there space, our customers lost so many tenants, that are not coming back, all high tech. working for home or small suburban offices.
Boston is so over build now waiting for the big crash.
Newbury ST. in Boston is a high end retail area about 1/4 mile 60 to 70 store fronts are empty.( they took a big hit when the riots went thru. police told to stand down. like all big city's did. not a good choice. big job loses.
Friends of our's have 3 restaurant's in Boston, down 80% so many closed..

I was just telling my wife (again) how lucky we are to be retired and not having to deal with working. I remember the recessions of the '70s and ... good luck everyone.

Explain.

Marty Walsh was a Union organizer' that was his so called working with his hands in the field as you explained before, he will push more union only, PLA 's and restrictions on all projects under the so call protecting the worker," BS" and force small co out of business with work restrictions. this will increase the cost of construction, higher cost less building. he's a one sided labor secretary. OPEN BORDERS mean higher taxes to pay for the free housing, health care and education.
Did you see the story about the Obiden admin. just let out a contract for 100M for Hotel rooms, (motel rooms are not good enough) to a co in Texas, for the OPEN BORDERS policy. Were is Marty on the OPEN BORDERS Covid laws protecting so called workers coming to this country. Reinfection on its way 2nd wavy just what we need.

Discussion starter · #40 ·
Marty Walsh was a Union organizer' that was his so called working with his hands in the field as you explained before, he will push more union only, PLA 's and restrictions on all projects under the so call protecting the worker," BS" and force small co out of business with work restrictions. this will increase the cost of construction, higher cost less building. he's a one sided labor secretary. OPEN BORDERS mean higher taxes to pay for the free housing, health care and education.
Did you see the story about the Obiden admin. just let out a contract for 100M for Hotel rooms, (motel rooms are not good enough) to a co in Texas, for the OPEN BORDERS policy. Were is Marty on the OPEN BORDERS Covid laws protecting so called workers coming to this country. Reinfection on its way 2nd wavy just what we need.
You don't understand what a Labor Secretary is.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.