Electrician Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
15,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a massage parlour room will the receptacles need to be isolated ground? I know this might be a stretch calling it a patient treatment area.:laughing:

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
hmmmmmmmmmmmm will there be alot of.......er.....moisture you know....flying around..?:whistling2::eek::laughing::laughing:

·
Salty Member
31,081 Posts
In a massage parlour room will the receptacles need to be isolated ground? I know this might be a stretch calling it a patient treatment area.:laughing:
You don't use IG in patient areas. :laughing:

Those would be isolated power systems.

Cletis does not fail like this. :no:

·
Registered
714 Posts
done one or two of them. i like the discount i get!!!!!
You don't use IG in patient areas. :laughing:

Those would be isolated power systems.

Cletis does not fail like this. :no:

·
128 Posts
I've done a lot of massage parlors, a string of a franchise, and we do not abide by 517 standards, however the note has been snuck into the drawings once or twice but removed ultimately. The argument we used is that there is no medical personell on site administering any kind of real medical treatments. I would think it would somewhat depend on what they intend to do there, but if it is just massages, facials and that kind of nonsense you shouldn't have to, but it will be up to your architect and the AHJ in the end.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I've done a lot of massage parlors, a string of a franchise, and we do not abide by 517 standards, however the note has been snuck into the drawings once or twice but removed ultimately. The argument we used is that there is no medical personell on site administering any kind of real medical treatments. I would think it would somewhat depend on what they intend to do there, but if it is just massages, facials and that kind of nonsense you shouldn't have to, but it will be up to your architect and the AHJ in the end.

Facials? :eek:

·
Banned
11,766 Posts
It can go either way. A redundant ground would be nice in that there are equipments that are used like electric messagers and steamers but then again its not like EKG electrodes are being put on them.

Just do a minimum redundant ground and be done with it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts