Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why are you only allowed to run 2 branch circuits to a garage where someone forgot to bond the rebar eliminating the possibility of a sub panel?? Why not 1 or 3 or 5 ??? Why 2 ??

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
...what if it is a metal temp garage? Also, Does three walls constitute a garage if one has a garage door?

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess the inspector dropped ball on the ufer. Ask him to fix it since its his fault.
It aint gonna happen. I"m just going to run schedule 80 1" pvc, pull 2-20 amp circuits. Once inpection passes, pull out 2 circuits and pull back through a 60 amp feeder for sub panel :jester:

·
Registered
12,376 Posts
Cletis said:
It aint gonna happen. I"m just going to run schedule 80 1" pvc, pull 2-20 amp circuits. Once inpection passes, pull out 2 circuits and pull back through a 60 amp feeder for sub panel :jester:
Why have any inspection at all?

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Maybe, just maybe, you troll your inspectors as much as you troll on the internet and they have simply had enough of your BS and are running you thru all this for fun?

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
31,041 Posts
One ground rod and Bam! That is all that is required for a separate structure.

·
ET rocks
2,875 Posts
Clete, it's not 2 circuits. It's a two wire or MWBC with equipment ground that is exempt from having an electrode at the garage.

But i guess you're ask'n why can't you run 5 or 6 two wire circuits, and hell may as well throw in a 240v circuit in a conduit out to a j- box and just wire nut it all together?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts