Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I belong to three other sites with no advertisements or adds you can turn off. One is $6.00 per year,next is $60.00 lifetime,and the last is $60.00 per year. This site has to pay their bills,and make a little money. I would be willing to listen what an add free site would cost if supported by the membership. What does everybody else(membership&site owners/management) think?

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
35,193 Posts
But, but ,, he wants to pay........ training.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I belong to three other sites with no advertisements or adds you can turn off. One is $6.00 per year,next is $60.00 lifetime,and the last is $60.00 per year. This site has to pay their bills,and make a little money. I would be willing to listen what an add free site would cost if supported by the membership. What does everybody else(membership&site owners/management) think?
I think you're nuts! :blink: Free is good, ads don't bother me.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I wont be paying any fees to get rid of the ads because I don't see any ads now. How many times have we been over this? LOL

From what I've read on here (and based on what I use myself)....

Firefox (with)
Adblock Plus
Ghostery

**clap, clap** done. No more ads
Exactly. Why pay for something I already have. A good forum with no ads.

I installed ad blocker when that stupid timberland ad wouldn't go away and haven't seen an ad since. I love it. There are a few sites I visit that were always cluttered with ads. Now I'm ad free.

·
Electrical Contractor
9,325 Posts
You've had over a year of free service/advice now. Please send me the $60.00 and a $30.00 late payment fee.

·
Premium Member
20,981 Posts
Took me maaayyybee 15 seconds to install the Chrome adblock add-in last night on this new laptop. Problem solved.

·
Scotchkote Installer
30,665 Posts
Only one particular computer illiterate person complains about the ads. I see no need for a fee at all. Either it's fee based or ad based. I choose ad based.
I'm not computer illiterate as you stated.. :no::no:

Why should I have to download a program to hide really bad advertising... :blink::blink:

If Juan reads that thread... maybe he will have second thought about the company he keeps.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm not computer illiterate as you stated.. :no::no:

Why should I have to download a program to hide really bad advertising... :blink::blink:

If Juan reads that thread... maybe he will have second thought about the company he keeps.. :thumbsup:
Because something has to pay for this site. But on the other hand, is that my problem?...so if spending 30 seconds installing 2 add-ons will make things right in my world, well I guess I can make that investment.

·
Coffee drinking member
I pretwist and then use wire nuts. Solder pots rule.
14,533 Posts
99cents said:
I am almost oblivious to ads. I really couldn't tell you who three advertisers are on this site. That would change if Makita advertises.
Nice saw.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.