Electrician Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question that might sound silly but I am going to ask it anyway. I have a customer who owns an apartment complex that needs it's meters labeled. (What unit is tied to what meter.) He has a meter stack that has about 9 meters; one for each unit and one for the laundry room. Labeling is required. I am wondering what is the best way to go about this. I really don't want to shut off power to any of the units if I don't have to. Am I overlooking something obvious here?

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
Paul,
you might be able to simply plug a tracer in each unit, and scan the main(s)

also, being in the same situation led me to be informed here by other posters of these folks>

http://www.engravedlabel.com/

they are wonderful btw, :thumbsup:now i just need to install a vaportight light under the meter pack shed dormer , along with a chilled bottle of pinot noir to make the poco completely happy!:rolleyes:

~CS~

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the link!

Paul,
you might be able to simply plug a tracer in each unit, and scan the main(s)

also, being in the same situation led me to be informed here by other posters of these folks>

http://www.engravedlabel.com/

they are wonderful btw, :thumbsup:now i just need to install a vaportight light under the meter pack shed dormer , along with a chilled bottle of pinot noir to make the poco completely happy!:rolleyes:

~CS~
Thanks for the link! I just sent them an email. I'm sure this particular customer will want to know how much this is going to cost.

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
Oh and, i couldn't help doing up the co name for one tag too....i'm such a whore! :laughing: ~CS~

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a question that might sound silly but I am going to ask it anyway. I have a customer who owns an apartment complex that needs it's meters labeled. (What unit is tied to what meter.) He has a meter stack that has about 9 meters; one for each unit and one for the laundry room. Labeling is required. I am wondering what is the best way to go about this. I really don't want to shut off power to any of the units if I don't have to. Am I overlooking something obvious here?

I have had to do this a few times. We simply call the utility and ask what address is associated with which meter number. I live in a California beach town, so we really don't have AC units...that is a great idea though...

·
Flex Bits & Blindfolds
1,120 Posts
I have had to do this a few times. We simply call the utility and ask what address is associated with which meter number. I live in a California beach town, so we really don't have AC units...that is a great idea though...
I've done that, but you can also get the numbers off the customers bill.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You know, that's a great idea. I didn't even thinkof that. I'm going to try that one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts