Electrician Talk banner

Meter keeps burning out. Company wants us to pay for new wiring.

938 6
Hello, sorry to not be a pro...but I got a call from my electric company saying that they have replaced our meter 4 times and that they getting broken by our home wiring.

They say the trouble is inside the house with our old box..this is an old house, but we've not had any problems with the power being out or anything.

Their main problem is that they say its not reading our usage correctly :thumbsup: and that we need to get an electrician out here to replace our wiring and box in the house.

Is this bull or is there something to this? We have been doing whatever we can to save energy this winter and maybe our lower bills have them thinking their equipment is broke...they never really answered that question.

I would think if our meter broke 4 times we would have noticed something.

Thank you!! and again sorry for posting on this site.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not producing any power...would they be replacing them thinking our bill was too low? We installed a new learning thermostat that isn't allowing aux heat to come on as much.

I figured this was not DIY for sure, but how is my wiring in the house damaging the meter when I've not noticed any power problems...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.