Electrician Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here ever worked for Michelin as an electrician (electrical troubleshooter)?

I passed the tests for their tech scholar program and have an interview on Friday.
Essentially they will pay for all of my school (4 more semesters) and I will be working 20 or so hrs a week at the plant. When I finish school and pass a third test they will hire me full time at 24/hr and send me for additional training in NC for 9 weeks.

Has anyone ever gone through this program or known of anyone who works with Michelin? It sounds like an awesome opportunity to me and I like the advancement opportunities that are available.

Any pointers or advice for someone green to the electric trade would be greatly appreciated as well as any more specific info pertaining to industrial electrical and working in a production environment.

Thank you,

Seth

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, that seems to be the general consensus around here. There are some people who "have" money but the wealth gap is kind of bad, which is good for the middle class because things are more affordable.

Update on the job:
I had my interview last Friday and am waiting to hear back from them, I feel like it went well and hopefully will hear back from them sometime this week. My guess, they're running a background check which takes a few days usually.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I am planning on taking the Michelin test at school soon and was wondering if you would mind giving advise on specifically what to study for preparation. Thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello, I am planning on taking the Michelin test at school soon and was wondering if you would mind giving advise on specifically what to study for preparation. Thanks
It's predominately math and mechanical comprehension. The test was written in the 50's so it's a little bit old school. The problems are not advanced, they're simple shop math. Like long division and fraction conversions, but no calculator is allowed and there's a time limit, that's where the pressure cook comes in. It's not hard, but it will feel hard because of the time limit. Two parts, first part math and second part mechanical, it's a scan tron. Me and one other guy passed it, but I didn't even get the job. They probably didn't like something about me. Who know's?

-Seth

1 - 5 of 5 Posts