Electrician Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for any Michigan members:

I was just told today by an inspector that Michigan has different requirements on bath circuit(s) than 210.11 (C)(3). That's news to me. Couldn't find any amendments in the MI code.

Has anyone seen this and if so, can you point me to the MI code paragraph?

No we're not going to ask the inspector, he passed us and no need to get on his bad side if he's wrong :)

·
Registered
2,471 Posts

I was just told today by an inspector that Michigan has different requirements on bath circuit(s) than 210.11 (C)(3). That's news to me. Couldn't find any amendments in the MI code.

Has anyone seen this and if so, can you point me to the MI code paragraph?

No we're not going to ask the inspector, he passed us and no need to get on his bad side if he's wrong :)
Not that I have seen, or heard of.... But out of curiosity what was the amendment stating?

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
He claims the 20A GFI circuit cannot be used for the light and exhaust fan.
Yes its legal as long as the circuit feeds only one bath...if there's more than one bathroom your better off picking up lighting and fans off another general circuit and using your 20a to feed additional bath receptacles.

·
Registered
387 Posts
if there's more than one bathroom your better off picking up lighting and fans off another general circuit and using your 20a to feed additional bath receptacles.
You evidently haven't been in a situation where all the bathrooms were in use by females getting ready in the mornings. One 20 AMP circuit per bath is iffy sometimes......

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You evidently haven't been in a situation where all the bathrooms were in use by females getting ready in the mornings. One 20 AMP circuit per bath is iffy sometimes......
This bath has a light and a fan that draw 1A between them. How many more hair dryers and curlers do you think you can run on that 1A you save?

:)

·
Registered
2,219 Posts

Add this to the "myth or NEC" thread. :whistling2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts