Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
In residential , nmd 90 in steel frame is acceptable provided you use bushings etc. You will also see steel frame device boxes s configured for either ac90 or nmd90.

12-516 Protection for cable in concealed installations (see Appendix G)

(2) Where the cable is run through or along metal studs, joists, sheathing, or cladding, it shall be
(a) located so as to be effectively protected from mechanical injury both during and after installation;
(b) protected where it passes through a member by an insert approved for the purpose and adequately secured in place

·
Banned
7,221 Posts
I disagree. You think any time there's metal studs, track or channel present you shouldn't be able to use NMD? As long as it's properly protected, it's perfectly suitable for use with steel framing, IMO.
Guess I missed the :laughing: or :whistling2: or :rolleyes: or :no: in the previous post.

If Mike Holmes says something, it's true.. this is the word of the Lord, Amen. :laughing:

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
35,177 Posts
They should just rip it all out of there and start over.

Reactions: Galt

·
Registered
690 Posts
Guess I missed the :laughing: or :whistling2: or :rolleyes: or :no: in the previous post.

If Mike Holmes says something, it's true.. this is the word of the Lord, Amen. :laughing:
Gotcha. I can't stand that guy. For a guy with such a hate on for hiring uncertified contractors, he sure does a lot of work without being certified himself. I guess women find his personality and outfits appealing enough to overlook that.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Mike Holmes is just selling the dumbassery that the big American market will eat up and he's laughing all the way to bank with Bieber and Celine.
There is no doubt in my mind that one of your girlfriends left you for an American.:laughing:

Why do you have this discord against America?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.