Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Mad as Hell Member
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who the hell is this guy? What's his story?

He's a nobody up here, but does everyone in the states champion him?

·
Donuts > Fried Eggs
17,042 Posts
Out of curiosity, I looked the bio on his website, it appears his success comes from being a good instructor, and he managed to parlay that into a thriving business.

There are a lot of complicated things in this trade that need simple explanations (which is why these forums exist, when you get down to it) and he seems good at that.

·
Mad as Hell Member
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do any of the other Canadian posters know of a Canadian equivalent? I don't think we have anyone as outspoken and passionate about our electrical code.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
If memory serves me correct both him and Tom Henry brought Disney out of the ground in Orlando. ~ Details...

·
Registered
32,124 Posts
Do any of the other Canadian posters know of a Canadian equivalent? I don't think we have anyone as outspoken and passionate about our electrical code.
There is money to be made.

We have a local Inspector and NEC expert that is an excellent teacher and a nice guy to boot.

For any VA, MD, DE, DC, PA, Eastern West VA guys( I have met all from these areas in his classes) I highly recommend Marty.

I have no affiliation with him, but have respect for his knowledge and ability to get the subject matter across to the participants.

http://www.mselectricaltraining.com

·
Registered
925 Posts
I'm not Canadian but, at one time years ago you had an instructor named Ed MacLaren, he was above most instructors and was very active on Mike Holts site. He retired and left the forum shortly after that.

You can search the MH forums for his old posts.

Roger

·
Mad as Hell Member
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If only I cared about anything as much as this dude cares about grounding and bonding, maybe I could make a real difference in the world.

I do admire his passion and love for the trade. I find I see a lot of that as an electrician, most people who do it genuinely love their jobs.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I actually give him credit. I hear commercials for seminars that are pure scams all the time. I've never attended one of his, but since he makes much of his material accessible, I have to believe he is not one.

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
jza said:
If only I cared about anything as much as this dude cares about grounding and bonding, maybe I could make a real difference in the world.
You must not have heard him talk about motor short circuit and over current protection yet. Good lord

·
Electrical Contractor
9,325 Posts
Who the hell is this guy? What's his story?

He's a nobody up here, but does everyone in the states champion him?
You keep your Justine Beebler we'll keep our Mike Holt,
Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
It seems to me that the more popular you are !
The more flak you receive !
Mike Holt and Mike Holmes are just two that I can think of !

Isn't this just the "Tall poppy syndrome" ?

I havent meet either !
But on the surface they seem ok !
I wouldn't put them down without first meeting them,
or based solely on hear say on inuendo !

1 - 20 of 93 Posts