Electrician Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told I can use my Girl Bill while I'm in an apprenticeship but nobody knows exactly how it works. When I used it in college it was about a thousand bucks a month. I heard that changes for an apprenticeship. Will it be monthly that I receive it or just prorated for classroom portions, If anyone has any experience with this process please let me know how it worked for you.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I was told I can use my Girl Bill while I'm in an apprenticeship but nobody knows exactly how it works. When I used it in college it was about a thousand bucks a month. I heard that changes for an apprenticeship. Will it be monthly that I receive it or just prorated for classroom portions, If anyone has any experience with this process please let me know how it worked for you.
I used mine when I got out of the Marine Corps back in 2006. I had to work for a VA approved company and that was about it. The college I was taking the classes at and my employer did all the work for me. I am sure that doesn't help. But is your company VA approved?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I used mine when I went through the apprenticeship in the early 90's. I was in the guard at the time so I had the retention person at the base help me with the paperwork. But I found out later the secretary at the NECA office can help with the paperwork. At that time it was on a sliding scale. I don't remember the exact dollar amount, but as I got more hours and more pay, the gi bill per month went down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was also active duty in early 90's....at college I got around 600 a month, which got knocked down to about 150 a month when I got into the apprenticeship...it still helped, good luck.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,624 Posts
Take a look at this it may help you.....Good luck and Thank you for your service.......:thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts