Electrician Talk banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
39,205 Posts
One more time then.....

GEC's were introduced to 250.8 in the '11 NEC cycle.

'Connection' , (my interpretation ) would also include the entry of the GEC

This would include the entry of a GEC into anything a GEC might be run into
And that is where you are wrong. The GEC entering a panel is NOT a connection.

This has been discussed, and everyone agrees that your interpretation is wrong and you are just grasping for any way to avoid admitting you are wrong about the GEC entering a panel.

·
Banned
39,205 Posts
I am going to do what Steve does from now on.

For example:

(1) Bathroom Area. GFCI protection is required for all 15A
and 20A, 125V receptacles in the bathroom area of a dwelling
unit.

OK, well no one takes baths anymore, so if they take showers it is a showerroom or a toiletroom, which there is no code requiring GFCI's in one of those rooms.

GFCI's are not required.

That's literally what he is doing. The above is not even an exaggeration, it's the same level of stupidity that Steve has used when he listed 8 code articles that he says restrict the GEC from passing thru the hole made for the GEC to pass thru.

·
Banned
16,967 Posts
Yes, professional organizations are all a big joke to you, yet you would probably not be running a professional biz w/o them
Did you hear that Flyboy? You wouldn't be in business right now without the IAEI. Because a group where worthless inspectors get together and talk about made up code rules is so valuable to the business man.

You can't make this stuff up. :lol::lol:

·
Vendor
36 Posts
Well that was whirlwind! I just got back in the office today. It looks to me like everything was resolved. Please let me know if anyone has any other questions- but yeah, I would only recommend drilling new holes if you're using meter sockets for an art project. (If so, send pics! :))
But of course, if you ever think we're missing a knockout or there's an idea for a new style of product, those suggestions are always welcome!

·
Retired Account
39,698 Posts
Thank you Marissa

I'll assume your engineering dept if familiar with UL's white book, and can respond in accordance with it

~CS~

41 - 48 of 48 Posts