Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
never seen a long tom that was battery powered. don't think I'd buy one either, that's one tool that should stay corded

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He wants it for new residential work, he came from the kelowna , bc and says this is all they use for drilling a house out. The extension would be put on a corded model, I just couldn't find a picture of one. A least you wouldn't need a ladder to drill out the joists.

·
Super Moderator
Licensed Electrical Contractor
11,796 Posts
I have the corded version and it is awesome for roughing in houses. Best money I spent in my early years.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Kunolop said:
He wants it for new residential work, he came from the kelowna , bc and says this is all they use for drilling a house out. The extension would be put on a corded model, I just couldn't find a picture of one. A least you wouldn't need a ladder to drill out the joists.
being 6' + , i never need a ladder to drill with 8' ceilings

·
Super Moderator
11,796 Posts
My suggestion is to get a single speed drill head though. I've used them with variable speed drills and I found that your grip relaxes and you wind up drilling in a lower speed until you notice it. It get's to be a PIA.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Next72969 said:
how much is it?
Drill is about $300, attachment is $200. Normally we use just a Makita d handle drill which is $150 so its more than triple the cost.

·
Super Moderator
11,796 Posts
Drill is about $300, attachment is $200. Normally we use just a Makita d handle drill which is $150 so its more than triple the cost.
For things like this you can't quibble over a couple hundred bucks. It's a long term investment that over it's life is almost free IMO. The thing will last virtually forever.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Speedy Petey said:
For things like this you can't quibble over a couple hundred bucks. It's a long term investment that over it's life is almost free IMO. The thing will last virtually forever.
ive honestly never seen one in use.

·
Super Moderator
11,796 Posts
ive honestly never seen one in use.
I hear quite a few guys say that. Kind of like twisty screw drivers.
I only worked for three guys in the years before going out on my own and all three had them.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts