Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
NJ-IEC
14,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a solution to my drill case issue.

No free advertising for you Milwaukee!

I just have to make a few modifications to fit the batteries so the lid covers good n tight.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,246 Posts
That works. A lot cheaper than one of those $50 Dewalt Tough cases too.

With the capacity of batteries that are available today, I've found that for most of my jobs (doing service work) I can charge the batteries in the truck and just bring one into the job with me. It's very rare that I take a charger or second battery in with me anymore. I kinda like limiting what I bring in because I'm a lazy bum. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
You have a falling out with Milwaukee? No advertise for milwaukee but you will advertise for Makita and still use milwaukee?
:blink:

·
NJ-IEC
14,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BDB said:
You have a falling out with Milwaukee? No advertise for milwaukee but you will advertise for Makita and still use milwaukee? :blink:
The Milwaukee case blows and doesn't hold any bits or drives for tool.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Milwaukee tools used to come in metal cases with lots of room in them for extras and the drill cases had a top tray for bits.

·
Banned
1,246 Posts
Milwaukee tools used to come in metal cases with lots of room in them for extras and the drill cases had a top tray for bits.
Yup, old school cases, I got one with my Magnum Holeshooter that my father gave me. I also got a metal case for my super sawzall that he gave me :thumbsup:

·
Banned
7,221 Posts
I can charge my m12 xc battery and have it last 2-3 days for me. lol

Guess you guys work hard if you need 2 m18 xc batteries and a charger carried around everywhere.

·
Banned
1,246 Posts
I can charge my m12 xc battery and have it last 2-3 days for me. lol

Guess you guys work hard if you need 2 m18 xc batteries and a charger carried around everywhere.
I've found that 90% of the time that I need to charge a battery on the job it's because I didn't bring a fully charged battery in with me. Now I use 12v chargers and top the battery off on the ride to the job and only need one.

Once in a while you can't avoid killing a battery, but that's usually on a long enough job that you'd go to the truck many times anyway, so you just pickup a fresh battery and get back to business.

·
Registered
374 Posts
My original Milwaukee tools are still going strong but the recent stuff I have purchased from them just doesn't live up to their reputation. I bought a 1/2" drill less than a year ago and piece by piece this thing is falling apart. And it didn't come with a case, I carry it in an old Rigid case from my last drill. Dummies.

Hey Milwaukee, if you are going the way of making disposable tools I am going to stop buying your stuff and save a bundle by buying disposable tools from Harbor Freight instead. (Well actually I will probably open my wallet to whichever manufacturer still produces a quality tool but Harbor Freight makes for a good threat.)

·
Registered
430 Posts
joe cool said:
My original Milwaukee tools are still going strong but the recent stuff I have purchased from them just doesn't live up to their reputation. I bought a 1/2" drill less than a year ago and piece by piece this thing is falling apart.
I'm having the same problem with my M12 stuff. I was always a Dewalt man, but when Milwaukee came out with the baby bandsaw and after hearing some of the rave reviews of their other tools from guys on here and in the field, I decided to take the plunge and bought some of the M12 lineup. That was about a year and a half ago. My impact is now out for service for the second time, my bandsaw has been out once and I think it just made its last cut yesterday, and I have two of the 2Ah batteries that are falling apart at a joint in the housing. I have had trouble with the hackzall shaking the battery out of itself since the beginning, and have gone back to using my Dewalt 18V drill because the M12 drill just doesn't have enough ass. Overall, I am not impressed.

·
:-)
3,670 Posts
and have gone back to using my Dewalt 18V drill because the M12 drill just doesn't have enough ass. Overall, I am not impressed.
You are comparing 18v and 12v? Yeah I know who wins easily.

Now my M18 Fuel drill/hammer well that guy can almost spin my truck if I attached it to the trailer hitch.

Might I suggest you compare the M18 drill against your Dewalt 18v drill? Not sure which one is better but a little more fair.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
When I bought my Fuel Hammer Drill/Impact combo, I was pleasantly surprised it came with a "hard" case for both tools and the batteries. I like the case, but it could use a little storage space.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I'm having the same problem with my M12 stuff. I was always a Dewalt man, but when Milwaukee came out with the baby bandsaw and after hearing some of the rave reviews of their other tools from guys on here and in the field, I decided to take the plunge and bought some of the M12 lineup. That was about a year and a half ago. My impact is now out for service for the second time, my bandsaw has been out once and I think it just made its last cut yesterday, and I have two of the 2Ah batteries that are falling apart at a joint in the housing. I have had trouble with the hackzall shaking the battery out of itself since the beginning, and have gone back to using my Dewalt 18V drill because the M12 drill just doesn't have enough ass. Overall, I am not impressed.
I'm not gonna accuse you of lying, but I'm highly sceptical of this post. I've used m12 tools exclusively for the past few years and a bunch of the guys I work with also use a lot of m12 stuff. I have never had 1 issue and have not heard any of the other guys complaining about their tools either. I'm not saying it is impossible for you to have had an issue with a defective tool, but to have as many issues as you claim you're either beating on them or exaggerating your experience a little. Also, like was already mentioned, these are 12 volt tools. If you are expecting them to perform as well as 18 volt tools then you are obviously going to be disappointed. You have to choose the correct tool for the job. I wouldn't expect a 12 volt drill to have the same power as an 18 volt, just like I wouldn't expect an 18 volt to have the same power as a corded drill. I think the problem here is improper tool selection and abuse. It's not the tool's fault.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I'm a dewalt guy myself but just wanted something I can bring in to a job that did not require my full size dewalt stuff .its held up well but for big jobs it's always dewalt but milwaukee holds it's own when needed

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I have sent every milwaukee tool I own (except impacts) in at least once. I have only had 1 battery take a dump. Drills are the worst, and its always something different each time. I have one which just has the original case. 2 years on the oldest stuff and 1 years on the 2nd batch. Just have to keep the mind set to own double of everything you need so that one can be in for warranty repair for 4-6 weeks. All M18 stuff.

·
Registered
430 Posts
EBFD6 said:
I'm not gonna accuse you of lying, but I'm highly sceptical of this post. I've used m12 tools exclusively for the past few years and a bunch of the guys I work with also use a lot of m12 stuff. I have never had 1 issue and have not heard any of the other guys complaining about their tools either. I'm not saying it is impossible for you to have had an issue with a defective tool, but to have as many issues as you claim you're either beating on them or exaggerating your experience a little. Also, like was already mentioned, these are 12 volt tools. If you are expecting them to perform as well as 18 volt tools then you are obviously going to be disappointed. You have to choose the correct tool for the job. I wouldn't expect a 12 volt drill to have the same power as an 18 volt, just like I wouldn't expect an 18 volt to have the same power as a corded drill. I think the problem here is improper tool selection and abuse. It's not the tool's fault.
Obviously an 18V tool will out-perform a 12V tool. Do you think I'm ******ed? While I'm glad you and your friends have had good luck with the 12V line, I have not, and that is no "exaggeration." As for beating them up, when I pay good money for my tools, I expect them to live up to their advertised quality. The impact I mentioned is my daily driver that I carry in my tool pouch and use in place of a screwdriver, for driving teks, etc. yes it has fallen out of my tool pouch and hit the concrete floor from 3-1/2' feet up on numerous occasions. I expect that a tool supposedly made for professions would be built to withstand the rigors of the job site. The bandsaw I mentioned gets used for cutting pipe and strut, the function for which it is advertised. If that's too much abuse for it, then I don't know what else to use it for.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts