Electrician Talk banner

Milwaukee, I'm sorry...sorta

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Mugs 
#1 ·
A couple of weeks ago, I went on a rant about my Fuel drill. The clutch was spinning freely like it was stripped out. I finally had a chance to take it into the repair depot, gave it to the dude, he disappeared for awhile and then came back and said, "it's fine". I am mystified. The only thing I can figure out is that, if you accidentally hit some magic combination of drill/screw setting, speed and clutch, it will freewheel. Doesn't make sense. I felt like a dumba$$. I was so irritated when it apparently crapped out that I threw it in its case and pulled out the corded drill.

Anyway, I threw a hissy fit on this site and maybe, just maybe, I was being kinda premature, just like my sex life...

#13 ·
I thought that the clutch was going out in my older (4? year old) M18 hammer drill. I continued using it on high speed.

Well, I dropped it off the ladder and it kicked out of high gear. I decided to put it in 1st, and I'll be damned. She worked fine.

The tech probably banged it against his bench or dropped it on the floor and it engaged just fine after that. :whistling2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.