Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a milwaukee jobsite backpack and was curious for those of you that have it, how you organize your tools inside? Also have any of you made any modifications? I feel like it the laptop holder compartment is useless for my purposes is there a solid insert that I can buy to put in there maybe to hold screwdrivers/nut drivers? I know klein has that removeable insert in one of there backpacks but I can't just buy that only.

·
Petulant Moderator
Estwing magic
24,922 Posts
I have a Fluke pack and have never opened the notebook compartment. If you find something, can you post it?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
762 Posts
They make lots of Rubbermaid containers in all different sizes, I'm sure you could find like a cookie Rubbermaid that would fit that spot.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I always stick the long and pointy stuff in the laptop spot.
Jab Saw,long bits,longish levels,files,extensions and things that just dont play well with other things.

Those smaller plano boxes will usually fit there too but probably only really work well for lv connectors too?

I sure never want to carry a computer with tools and not sure why I would?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Old Grumpy Bastard
GOV/MIL contracting
61,291 Posts
I always stick the long and pointy stuff in the laptop spot.
Jab Saw,long bits,longish levels,files,extensions and things that just dont play well with other things.

Those smaller plano boxes will usually fit there too but probably only really work well for lv connectors too?

I sure never want to carry a computer with tools and not sure why I would?

Doing control system (energy management) work a laptop is the primary tool and all the other termination tools are secondary.

·
Old Grumpy Bastard
GOV/MIL contracting
61,291 Posts
I'm still at a loss as to why most clunky tool backpacks (Milwaukee/Veto/Klein/AWP/etc) are so popular.

The smaller/lighter ones are so much more user friendly with transporting them, caged ladders, etc.

I love Veto bags as a general rule but Toolpak puts Veto's backpacks to shame.

Reactions: splatz

·
Super Moderator Beam Me Up Scotty
Elechicken
3,066 Posts
@pc9460 , I know you've been here since 2010, however I would appreciate it if you followed the link below on how to fill out your profile. It's required. Thank you.

·
Old Grumpy Bastard
GOV/MIL contracting
61,291 Posts
I have a milwaukee jobsite backpack and was curious for those of you that have it, how you organize your tools inside? Also have any of you made any modifications? I feel like it the laptop holder compartment is useless for my purposes is there a solid insert that I can buy to put in there maybe to hold screwdrivers/nut drivers? I know klein has that removeable insert in one of there backpacks but I can't just buy that only.
When you buy a backpack made specifically for an electrician's tools organization is simple:

·
Old Grumpy Bastard
GOV/MIL contracting
61,291 Posts
Obviously,but that hardly mandates carrying tools and computers together.

Sure it does, when you are walking a long distance to the job site and actual work location.

I've always had a notebook in the backpack with handtools, it keeps your hands free for climbing ladders, etc.

·
Old Grumpy Bastard
GOV/MIL contracting
61,291 Posts
What’s with those rusty, old slip joint pliers, Mech? They look like something I would own. Come on, you can do better than that! 🤣
Lol!
In that backpack both the channellocks are least used tools.

Reactions: 99cents

·
Registered
46 Posts
Exactly!

Not sure why this seems so foreign to so many in this day of digital and computerized everything.
I am just not going to carry a computer with my tools.

Fragile and not fragile and I try not to mix.

Not that complicated to comprehend either just different than you.

·
Old Grumpy Bastard
GOV/MIL contracting
61,291 Posts
I am just not going to carry a computer with my tools.

Fragile and not fragile and I try not to mix.

Not that complicated to comprehend either just different than you.

If you take a look at the pics of my blue backpack you will see I don't carry a sledge hammer or crowbars in the pack, the laptop is in a separate padded panel in the front.

Different thinking yes, over thinking on your part....yes!

The pack is made to have a laptop and tools as are many other brands specifically made for the aforementioned design.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts