Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have this M12 LED stick light?

It's about $80 without any batteries or charger, so it's not cheap.

It looks like it would serve as a lantern more than a handheld flashlight. I really like my Dewalt 18V lantern, if this M12 sticklight performs similarly I would be really happy.

So... the question is, could you do work in the dark with just this sticklight? Would you change a panel out with it like I've done with my 18V Dewalt lantern?

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Does anyone have this M12 LED stick light?

It's about $80 without any batteries or charger, so it's not cheap.

It looks like it would serve as a lantern more than a handheld flashlight. I really like my Dewalt 18V lantern, if this M12 sticklight performs similarly I would be really happy.

So... the question is, could you do work in the dark with just this sticklight? Would you change a panel out with it like I've done with my 18V Dewalt lantern?
I was actually thinking about buying this or M18 LED work light.

·
Banned
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It seems like a really nice light. But I am wondering if it's more of a flashlight with a directional spot or a floodlight that will light a larger area like a lantern.

·
Banned
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got no used for a flashlight like that. I carry a Surefire with me at all times for when I need a flashlight.

I want a lantern type light to keep on when working in dark places.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts

·
Banned
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Banned
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Damnit, no one has this light? I guess I'll just have to buy it, but I ain't telling anyone if it's good or bad :mad::mad:

·
Registered
826 Posts
Haxwoper said:
Damnit, no one has this light? I guess I'll just have to buy it, but I ain't telling anyone if it's good or bad :mad::mad:
I made the decision to buy one and I really don't regret it. My intention was using it in really dark areas to light up panels but it actually serves as a flashlight as well as a floodlight. I also have the M 12 LED torch and I find myself using the stick lite a lot more.
On a sidenote I also ordered the magnet for it!

·
Banned
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I made the decision to buy one and I really don't regret it. My intention was using it in really dark areas to light up panels but it actually serves as a flashlight as well as a floodlight. I also have the M 12 LED torch and I find myself using the stick lite a lot more.
On a sidenote I also ordered the magnet for it!
So it does work like a floodlight or lantern? It is enough light to change a panel out in the dark?

THanks for the info.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Haxwoper said:
So it does work like a floodlight or lantern? It is enough light to change a panel out in the dark? THanks for the info.
Here are some pics. The first is the sticklite, the second is the torch. You can see that the stick has a great, bright and even light. Also, the stick has the fuel gauge and the torch does not.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Here are some pics. The first is the sticklite, the second is the torch. You can see that the stick has a great, bright and even light. Also, the stick has the fuel gauge and the torch does not.
I was trying to use the M18 led light the other night working on my car.

The beam is too direct, either it's lit up or it's pitch black.

I'd like either that little sticklight and/or the M18 LED flood light.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts