Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
I agree, Makita makes quality stuff but the new Fuel is more powerful and, like said above, the tool selection specialized for our trade can't be beat.

·
:-)
3,670 Posts
I actually used the Ryobi impact for years. Still have it, but it deserved retirement. I'm sure it drove 100's of thousands of screws of various types.

·
Banned
1,246 Posts
What do you want the tools for?

I ask because many of them are pretty awesome in the M12 version.

Of course you still need a full size 18V drill and a few other tools, but or the most part I am happy with the majority of my cordless tools being M12.

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
daveEM said:
I actually used the Ryobi impact for years. Still have it, but it deserved retirement. I'm sure it drove 100's of thousands of screws of various types.
I've been using ryobi for about 8 years. I love it. It's very affordable and holds up as good as anything else.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
You can't go wrong with either, for the most part Milwaukee has a little more power but Makita is lighter.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Either one is a good option in the 18v category. Both make some great brushless stuff. Milwaukee does offer a larger variety of 18v tools, but when it comes to the basics, both are very strong. If you need compact tools, Milwaukee M12 has about 45 more tools on this platform, many of which are brushless. I loved my 12 makita compact tools, but the impact was too weak to really be of any benefit.

I would recommend going to HomeDepot and actually pick a few up and see how they feel. Many years ago, I was trying to decide between Dewalt and Makita. I went Makita simply because the tool felt better in my hand and didn't tip over because I looked at it the wrong way.

Makita has been very good to me, and so far, Milwaukee has been too.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
You can't go wrong with either, for the most part Milwaukee has a little more power but Makita is lighter.
Which tools are you talking about when it comes to weight? I'm fairly certain that both of their 18v hammer drills are identical in weight.

·
Registered
9,310 Posts
Milwaukee. Yes I use them. And the batteries have a charge indicator on them. And the boom box kicks a$$. And I got a free one so now I have 2.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts