Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As mentioned in one of my other threads here is a quick review on the Knipex Cobolt or mini bolt cutters. This tool makes you want to commit breaking and entering just to see how quickly you can do it! It has the ability to turn anything it touches in butter. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Nice video. Thanks for taking the time to review these cutters because I've been thinking about getting them for over a year now, but I've never seen anyone at work with them or even heard anyone recommend them.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice video. Thanks for taking the time to review these cutters because I've been thinking about getting them for over a year now, but I've never seen anyone at work with them or even heard anyone recommend them.
I have had the exact opposite exposure, everyone has been taking about them. Not the cheapest tool, but well worthy the money. Really does a number to anything between the blades with no effort. Thanks for the feedback!

·
Ambassador of Amps
9,518 Posts
I use mine often. cuts solid ground conductor, screws and nails easily. yet it still can cut #14 stranded in half cleanly.

·
Data Tech/Apprentice.
9,013 Posts
I use mine for stuff I dont want to eff my dykes up with.

·
Homer to Jebus
790 Posts
Might have to go get a pair after the video. Thanks Nick. :thumbup:

Reactions: nick.sek

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
Nice vidieo but I would have likeed to see you cut something. Small padlock or some ASCR like hax was wondering.
We still do not know what it will cut.

·
Donuts > Fried Eggs
17,054 Posts
I've got those Knipex bolt cutters and they beat anything else I've ever used (Kleins, dykes, H&K mini bolt cutters). You pay for them but they work: I can sail through 1/4" bolts without too much effort and zero damage to the cutting jaws.

·
Banned
1,073 Posts
I didn't look real close at OPs version, what DIY posted are the model I was talking about.
I was looking all over for this DIY person... before realizing you were talking about me :laughing:

The pair in the OP's video are the better handles. Those models go up to $60 or so.

·
Registered
14,325 Posts
I have a pair with the notch in the back of the blades. I think they will cut anything you can fit them around, awesome little things.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have a pair with the notch in the back of the blades. I think they will cut anything you can fit them around, awesome little things.
I saw those and thought those were amazing! They didn't include in the Knipex sample shipment I receive, extremely jealous. Such a simple idea but I bet it goes an extremely long way! Can't beat the power to size ratio on this bad ass tool!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts