Electrician Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering taking the master electrician exam to obtain a contractors license in Mississippi. The master exam is thru PSI. I took and passed the Journeymans exam administered by ICC in 2004. Any tips or suggestions for exam prep? Any guidance on starting an electrical contracting business?

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
I am considering taking the master electrician exam to obtain a contractors license in Mississippi. The master exam is thru PSI. I took and passed the Journeymans exam administered by ICC in 2004. Any tips or suggestions for exam prep? Any guidance on starting an electrical contracting business?
Hello Dan welcome to the forum. Check this stuff out . http://www.mikeholt.com/exam-preparation-menu.php

·
THE "BIG RED MACHINE"
3,416 Posts
what type of electrical work do you want to do when your contracting business?
residential contractimg or service work is the easiest to get into, maybe start by visiting your Chamber of Commerce or realtor mixer meetings to generate work pass out your cards at meeting. start a website.

·
THE "BIG RED MACHINE"
3,416 Posts
attending the mixer meetings can help generate residential service panel change jobs ,an other residential work, someone from our company attend these meetings and passes out business cards, it's surprising how the networking produce the work

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies and tips. That Mike Holt stuff is going to be great and at awesome prices. And I'll probably start with residential to build up and break into commercial. I have experience in all facets from utilities, res, comm, controls, electrical maint..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using electriciantalk.com mobile app

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.