Electrician Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a picture here once of someone's little charging station type thing. Basically, it was a way to carry multiple battery chargers (built into 1 unit) from the van to the job. The chargers were attached to it and all accessible. They were all wired to a single cord & plug.

I was thinking about doing this with some M12 chargers and maybe also add a couple 18V Dewalt chargers as well.

I was wondering if anyone else has done something like this?

·
IBEW L.U. 1852
5,261 Posts
I had a setup similar to that a few years back when I had a variety of tool manufacturers and battery sizes. I had everything wired into my cart, radio, chargers, recip saw.....and all I had to do was plug my cart in everytime I got to another work area.

I use all 18Volt Makitas now so one charger usually keeps me going for the day.

Really good idea though

·
Electron Flow Consultant
3,309 Posts
It seems like that only charges 1 battery at a time, if so that wouldn't work for me.
Yes, but once all six are charged you shouldn't have a problem. Grab 2 charged one put on 2 dead ones, still 4 more charged ones left while the other 2 are charging, assuming you have 8 bateries. Its better than packing 6 single battery chargers

·
Banned
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My idea was more along the lines of bringing the mobile charging station into a job once or twice a week and getting all the batteries charged within the hour that I am there.

There's no reason to charge batteries 1 at a time.

·
Registered
Arsholeprentice
7,490 Posts
Couldn't you just take a sheet of plywood, secure the chargers to it, plug them into a strip, and then plug the strip into whatever?

I have all Bosch stuff, 12V and 18V, this is what I have set up. Nothing fancy about it though.

Reactions: erics37

·
Banned
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Couldn't you just take a sheet of plywood, secure the chargers to it, plug them into a strip, and then plug the strip into whatever?

I have all Bosch stuff, 12V and 18V, this is what I have set up. Nothing fancy about it though.
Something like that might work. Maybe have the plywood stand straight up and attach chargers to both sides of it, and put a handle at the top.

Or I could just do it the old fashion way and keep all the chargers and batteries in a milk crate and carry that in :laughing:

·
Registered
Arsholeprentice
7,490 Posts
That is sweet looking, although it looks way more expensive than the batteries and chargers!:laughing::thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Dewalt made a double battery charger for the old 18v batteries. I used that until I swapped out to Milwaukee stuff.
I also have the Dewalt radio that charges batteries if its plugged in. Or runs off the battery if its unplugged. Pretty cool at the time.
Now I don't carry it much. Unless I'm working somewhere for an extended time.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Dewalt made a double battery charger for the old 18v batteries. I used that until I swapped out to Milwaukee stuff.
I also have the Dewalt radio that charges batteries if its plugged in. Or runs off the battery if its unplugged. Pretty cool at the time.
Now I don't carry it much. Unless I'm working somewhere for an extended time.
Milwaukee is releasing a charging radio this spring. $250

·
Registered
86 Posts
Working in Canada in the winter, I picked up a rolling cooler, and threw everyone's charger into the cooler with a trouble light. The light kept the batteries warm enough to charge, plus it was a good place to keep your drinks and lunch warm so it wouldn't freeze

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.