Electrician Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ImageUploadedByelectriciantalk.com1424141758.965329.jpg

So i had a customer email me saying moisture is getting through these ic rated potlights. They are remodel airtight ic ones by Contrast. The house is pretty new also.

Thanks

·
Banned
39,722 Posts
Went toe/toe with an archy who had me install a dz cans under a shingle roof cathedral ceiling , and lost ....:(

Documented all the email drama for the ice dam damage debut....:whistling2:

~CS~

·
Banned
39,722 Posts
Heat attracts moisture

Some products mitigate better than others, no product changes the laws of physics.

~CS~

·
Petulant Amateur
24,236 Posts
Tis DOES indicate a bigger problem and it's not electrical - the customer has way too much humidity in his attic space. He probably needs a couple of whirlybirds installed. But that doesn't solve your problem...

·
Registered
284 Posts
I don't think the moisture is coming from the attic. What probably is happening is the fixture is becoming cold from the attic air then the moist air within the house is condensing on the cold fixture like a glass of ice water does.
Insulation around the fixture will keep it warm enough to prevent the condensation.

·
Banned
39,722 Posts
Tis DOES indicate a bigger problem and it's not electrical - the customer has way too much humidity in his attic space. He probably needs a couple of whirlybirds installed. But that doesn't solve your problem...
We bare the blame for inadequate unaccommodating construction far too much imo 99

Even though it may not be 'my trade', i find myself pointing this out to other trades ....

~CS~

1 - 10 of 10 Posts