Electrician Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to control a 2hp 220volt motor with a momentary contact switch. (It has a within site disconnect already). Found one on granger but it doesn't look installer friendly. Want one that will fit in a push button hole. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. Place wants budget prices. I like a contactor. I found one in granger that was 2 hp 220volt rated, made in china...

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Allen Bradley 800T push button contact blocks are rated 3HP at 240VAC.

Dumb idea, because there is nothing in a momentary push button design that will prevent someone from chattering those contacts and welding them, but there is your answer. Why momentary? Too hard to switch a manual motor starter back off again? Or are they thinking of it as an indirect dead-man-switch?

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Unless you need the dead-man-switch concept, this would be a better idea; a toggle style manual motor starter. It's made for that, and it is cheap, and if the motor is not already thermally protected, it has a place for an OL heater element.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unless you need the dead-man-switch concept, this would be a better idea; a toggle style manual motor starter. It's made for that, and it is cheap, and if the motor is not already thermally protected, it has a place for an OL heater element.

It's for a car hoist hydraulic compressor. Push the button to lift, and release the valve to go down.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I got one just like that In the van. 277 5 hp rated that I took out of an exhaust fan that I put a starter in its place. It doesn't have Ol protection(the reason I changed it out since it went on a multi motor circuit. Maybe I will use it here, but they were looking for a cheap momentary push button. Kinda labeled up hoist. Not on off..

·
Registered
439 Posts
Go to the people who make the lift (or any lift company. There many of them on the net). They make the CORRECT switch for the application. There could be an inherited liability if you do not.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts