Electrician Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Electron Flow Consultant
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a customer that wants to monitor the power consumption in their office building separately from the main plant. They only have a budget of $1000 per month for the offices. Power is metered from the utility at the transformer and the office and facility are both on the metered side. I am looking for a power monitor I can use for the incoming power at the office. Anyone have some suggestions? I've found a few units with split CT's, voltage taps, and a local display I could install, but looking to see if anyone else has had to do this with better ideas or equipment. It's not really possible for the utility to install another meter at the office for this. The main feed to the office is underground into a bottom fed distribution panel and there really isn't a way to cut in a CT can, without re-pulling the office feeder and moving the panel.

·
corn-fused
4,769 Posts
if you can access or separate the office power you can simply add your own meter( available from many suppliers, used or new) but you have to do the math for billing purposes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts