Electrician Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Les Voltage
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small box store to wire in this town in the next few weeks. Was wondering what cycle code they are on. I know they are tough maybe as tough as I have ever seen. My temp service failed 3 time by 3 different inspectors. Im really excited, Ive been in these one horse towns where the inspectors are asking me questions about the install. Now I believe Ill have someone whos knows what there looking at.

I have also been doing what I call "value engineering". Not derateing wire that carry less than a few amps. Sharing neutrals and only using breaker ties not a 2 pole breaker.

All the failed inspections were petty but correct. I used 2 ft of romex for the GFI on the pole in 6" pvc Failed #1

The GC office trailer with 1 light and one recept had the grounding and grounded conductors bonding in the little 4 ckt panel. failed #2

Didnt put the arch fault current on the panel Failed #3

any advice would be greatly appreciated...

I am a state licensed Jman in MS. I think thats one strike:censored:

·
Les Voltage
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Voltech, I've been doing electrical work in AL for the last 30 years doorbells to $$$$$$$$ plants and of all the many states I've worked in AL has been the most fair and honest I've ever seen.

Just follow the Code & ask questions (they are very strict) and you will see the same thing I have.:thumbsup:

Yes very strict, I made it through my rough in with any problems. He did point out A few small things that I should have done and somethings I didnt have to do. I really have enjoyed strict inspectors here. I have learned alot this far.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.