Electrician Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found some transformers missing the secondary electrode conductor and its a slow day so I'm making it my pet project.

Someone started this one last year but either forgot about it or decided it was too difficult. There was a 3/4 stub out of the 208/120 panel but it just stopped once it turned on the roof of this testing hut. The one on the far left.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424448429.774960.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424448486.474014.jpg

A little trick bending and got it to the column

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424448519.640704.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424448556.773938.jpg

Some grinding and tapping and we're done. Only 4 more to go

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424448592.706447.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424448607.458095.jpg

·
Senile Member
30,709 Posts
That is interesting how you loop out of the conduit to the column ground attachment point before coming back to the conduit fitting for the choke bond.

Not that I can say one way or another whether that practice is possibly a defeating way to do it, I am just wondering , my thinking is you are good to go, all things being equal...

·
Senile Member
30,709 Posts
Your work looks consistently good Ponyboy. One thing I would do different is the double offset to get around the straight runs would be to offset down after the first unistrut to land on the plywood , bend just before hitting the second intersecting strut, and then offset back up to the next one , which would keep the conduit supported by the surface along it's change of direction instead of a section up in the air that some clod hopper sooner or later is going to step on and screw up your pretty work you did.

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your work looks consistently good Ponyboy. One thing I would do different is the double offset to get around the straight runs would be to offset down after the first unistrut to land on the plywood , bend just before hitting the second intersecting strut, and then offset back up to the next one , which would keep the conduit supported by the surface along it's change of direction instead of a section up in the air that some clod hopper sooner or later is going to step on and screw up your pretty work you did.

That's a good point I'll keep that one in the memory banks. As far as how I did the bonding I haven't read anything saying one way is better than the other I just do it this way because it's easier to manipulate the wire.

I'm going to be using aluminum rigid on the bigger system bonds I have to do so I can avoid all this nonsense. I'll post pics when it's done

1 - 8 of 8 Posts