Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Banned
16,967 Posts
It's likely among the most challenging. It's definitely a far cry from industrial service, which is pretty cut and dry for the most part. There's absolutely no telling what you might be up against when you do a residential service job.

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
MTW said:
It's likely among the most challenging. It's definitely a far cry from industrial service, which is pretty cut and dry for the most part. There's absolutely no telling what you might be up against when you do a residential service job.
Nice troll. Calling industrial service cut and dry is laughable. Service in general sucks and you can run into some ridiculous crap in resi, industrial, or anything that includes wiring.

·
Banned
7,221 Posts
Electrical work is easy. Getting paid sometimes is more challenging.
I find getting paid the easiest, but often dislike the work.. I'm going to start ramping up business following the model of some success stories on here. I'd love to stop doing electrical work and just be a business owner and on the rare occasion put the tool belt on.

Working is for chumps.. My body isn't built for chumpdom. I'm weak and have soft hands.

·
Estwing magic
27,426 Posts
Dealing with deadbeats is a choice. If you don't think you're going to get paid, stay at home. It's cheaper.

I paid my dues. I don't deal with no-pays, slow-pays and low-pays. Some body else can have them.

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
35,177 Posts
I've done an awful lot of all of it and to me the hardest thing for an electrician to do is either dig service trenches in lava land or else rewiring old houses with 2 in 12 sloped roofs with boiling hot attics in places like Florida and Hawaii in the summer time. Torture. by the way I am doing one this month.......

·
Registered
10,626 Posts
It's all easy as long as:

-You know how to do what your doing.
-You have a plan and know what needs to be done.
-You have the proper tools.
-You have the proper material.
-The customer and the installer are in sync.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.