Electrician Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
Indicator lights, and control devices, ie. level switches, vibration switches, flow switches, limit switches, pallet switches, are okay, but chart recorders, not so much.

·
Coffee drinking member
I pretwist and then use wire nuts. Solder pots rule.
14,064 Posts
A colleague wanted to power the area lights 3 - 150 Watts fixtures from the CPT is it legal by any Code?
You design it, you list it and it's legal as an assembly.
But who wants to be standing at the board, in the dark when the fuze pops on the transformer.

·
Premium Member
7,413 Posts
A colleague wanted to power the area lights 3 - 150 Watts fixtures from the CPT is it legal by any Code?
I looked through the NEC, but couldn't find anything

Seems like an impractical design asking for a problem (people adding things to that circuit, and not knowing where it originates. Also you would have to watch the va rating of the xfmr

·
Bilge Rat
motors and controls.........
8,670 Posts
I doubt if it violated code but I think it's not a good idea.

I don't know about anyone else but Allen Bradley starters can be ordered with an extra-capacity control transformer.

I wouldn't put room lights on it as the voltage will sag when the starter coil is first energized.

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
What happens when the starter is locked out for maintenance, or repairs? The code doesn't specifically prohibit it, but common sense does.

Reactions: Easy
1 - 8 of 8 Posts