Electrician Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WARNING!!!! Here we go again in "Sandy" land,after the storm we had to move the meters above the base flood elevation,the directive from jcpl was you could put it where you needed to... NOW all meters have to be at max 60 inches if your DR number is after May 2014...the saga continues as no notice was given to us contractors,they just notified the AHJ...

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Louieb said:
WARNING!!!! Here we go again in "Sandy" land,after the storm we had to move the meters above the base flood elevation,the directive from jcpl was you could put it where you needed to... NOW all meters have to be at max 60 inches if your DR number is after May 2014...the saga continues as no notice was given to us contractors,they just notified the AHJ...
. It's New Jersey , what else is new ? Nothing is ever easy , or cut and dry here .

·
Banned
4,505 Posts
Louieb said:
What are you talking about?

It's been one ft above base flood since last august.

If the meter is higher then 60 inches you must build a platform for the poco.

It's also been like that since last august.

You don't lower the meter you build a platform.

Had four inspected today by the state, nothing has changed

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
according to my layout tech it has changed here for JCPL.Do yourself a favor don't shoot the messenger and make sure going forward your all good.....Its services with DR numbers after May 2014.........Have fun.

·
Banned
4,505 Posts
Well according to the engineer i asked, you don't understand what they told you.

Your meter and everything electric must be one foot above base flood as per DCA
Your meter must have a working height of no more then 60 inches.

You build a platform and you are good,that is how it has been since june of 2013.

JCPL and ACE have to go along with what FEMA and the DCA rule.

Do you normally work down here or are you just a storm whore?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay, at least we agree on the 60 inches for the meter.

Back in 2013 when the DCA,POCO's,and FEMA had their discussions in Union Beach,the requirements were relaxed and you could put the meter at 1 ft above base elevation without a platform to conform to the NEC and FEMA,as I have many that were 12 ft to the bottom of the pan..I was relaying the info I received from a AHJ and verified by calling Janice Ayres our layout tech for JCPL,before trying to let the ET crowd know that what you did prior to May 2014 is subject to change,and do your due diligence before you get slammed............

As far as being a storm whore.....The waters from Sandy stopped at my neighbors driveway and halfway up the sidewalk..enough cred for ya, Rob..Be well!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.