Electrician Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There:

I am a young eager motivated registered electrician apprentice looking for a long term career opportunity in Alberta. I am currently living in Ontario but will be moving to Calgary Alberta in April. My girlfriend was offered her dream job in Calgary so we will both be relocating there. The Plan is for the next 3 years to see how it all goes. If all is well we plan to buy a house and stay permanently. I currently have enough hours to go and write my red seal here in Ontario. I am just waiting on the MTCU to give me clearance to write my ticket. Depending on timing I may have to pack up and leave to drive to Alberta without writing. I will then be flying home when I can get a test set up. I can probably write an Alberta license but I would prefer to write in Ontario.

We bought a 5x10 trailer for the trip and have the SUV all serviced for the long drive. The closer to departure we get the more it becomes real that we are actually doing it. I made the trip once before last year for work and I am not looking forward to it again. This time it will be for longer period and hopefully much more enjoyable.

I worked for a Electrical/Mechanical company that installed all the conveyor systems and electrical at the Target Distribution warehouse in Balzak. It was about a 6 month job and we worked 70-80 hour weeks for the whole duration. I lived in a house they rented in Chestermere on the lake but didn't have a whole lot of time to enjoy it. We also worked at another Target in Cornwall Ontario before that one and we just completed a Home Depot in Toronto. They all take between 6-8 months from start to finish working a minimum of 60 hour weeks.

I have been sending out resumes to every employer I can find online. No luck yet but I have high hopes. If anyone has a lead, or know of someone I can contact it would be really appreciated. I can also send a resume to you if you know of someone hiring. You can PM me for my contact information.

Thank you

Mike fulton

·
Registered
714 Posts
Hi There:

I am a young eager motivated registered electrician apprentice looking for a long term career opportunity in Alberta. I am currently living in Ontario but will be moving to Calgary Alberta in April. My girlfriend was offered her dream job in Calgary so we will both be relocating there. The Plan is for the next 3 years to see how it all goes. If all is well we plan to buy a house and stay permanently. I currently have enough hours to go and write my red seal here in Ontario. I am just waiting on the MTCU to give me clearance to write my ticket. Depending on timing I may have to pack up and leave to drive to Alberta without writing. I will then be flying home when I can get a test set up. I can probably write an Alberta license but I would prefer to write in Ontario.

We bought a 5x10 trailer for the trip and have the SUV all serviced for the long drive. The closer to departure we get the more it becomes real that we are actually doing it. I made the trip once before last year for work and I am not looking forward to it again. This time it will be for longer period and hopefully much more enjoyable.

I worked for a Electrical/Mechanical company that installed all the conveyor systems and electrical at the Target Distribution warehouse in Balzak. It was about a 6 month job and we worked 70-80 hour weeks for the whole duration. I lived in a house they rented in Chestermere on the lake but didn't have a whole lot of time to enjoy it. We also worked at another Target in Cornwall Ontario before that one and we just completed a Home Depot in Toronto. They all take between 6-8 months from start to finish working a minimum of 60 hour weeks.

I have been sending out resumes to every employer I can find online. No luck yet but I have high hopes. If anyone has a lead, or know of someone I can contact it would be really appreciated. I can also send a resume to you if you know of someone hiring. You can PM me for my contact information.

Thank you

Mike fulton
kiewitjobs.com/www.jvdriver.com www.pyramidcorporation. comwww.ftsgroup.com/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot, I'll change my address and keep trying. If I get a phone call I guess I can then explain why I'm not out therebyet and what's going on. I figured my resume was getting over looked. I'm hoping I can have something lined up before I get out there. If not then I'm going have to start driving around and knocking on doors as soon as I arrive. I rather do it in person the old fashioned way. There seems to be a plethora of jobs online in Calgary anyways so I'm not to worried yet.

Thanks for the posts.
Mike

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks a lot, I'll change my address and keep trying. If I get a phone call I guess I can then explain why I'm not out therebyet and what's going on. I figured my resume was getting over looked. I'm hoping I can have something lined up before I get out there. If not then I'm going have to start driving around and knocking on doors as soon as I arrive. I rather do it in person the old fashioned way. There seems to be a plethora of jobs online in Calgary anyways so I'm not to worried yet.

Thanks for the posts.
Mike
I would strive hard to get your red seal before. Plenty of jobs out here, everywhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts