Electrician Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a residential journeyman and commercial electrical contractor in Washington state with 8 years total experience and my family and I have decided we want to move to the Dallas Fort-Worth area. I am looking for information on what i can expect as far as wages and generally what to expect in the area for a residential wireman and a commercial apprentice with my experience. Ive already done my licensing research. We are looking at moving to Keller or around the Keller area. Thanks so much for your help and i hope my family and i can move to the area soon as I'm sure you've herd Washington state is one of the hardest states for our trade.

Tysen Gardner

·
Registered
148 Posts
I live west of Fort Worth. It's Texas, so the pay isn't that great. I think $24/hr for a Journeyman is standard. Apprentices in my area start at $12/hr.

I'm considering moving out of state for the pay increase, so I'd also appreciate any advice on finding higher paying work in or outside of Texas.

Don't know about the Union though, as I'm open shop, though I don't think there would be too much of a difference out here, as Texas is a RTW state.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Xebo. Up here in washington it's about the same. A residential journeyman is going to top off around $20-$25. Commercial is around $25-$30 and Washington state has no state income tax. Dealing with the state inspectors up here is just driving me nuts. They have to write so many corrections in order to get a raise so they are mostly out to get you.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I think it's $120 for a JW, and +$60 if an apprentice is there.

Also, that's a brutal amount to get paid in Washington State. It's kind of justifiable in Texas (BLEH), but I'd hope to get a lot more in Washington.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts