Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small piece of steel in my eyes. It hurts. I'm irritable. What should I do?

Obviously I'll go to acute care if I think it's gonna be a problem but I was wondering if anyone had some home remedies.

·
Registered
Arsholeprentice
7,430 Posts
Honestly, I cry like a baby to my wife till she gets it out!:laughing::laughing::thumbsup:

She has used a piece of paper towel to draw it out a few times. Time for safety goggles instead of glasses huh?

Reactions: Porter

·
Electricity is Amazing!
914 Posts
I have a few scars on my right eye from such things.

I would just go to an eye doctor. They know eyes like a knee doctor knows knees.

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Totally my fault too. I had to run a die grinder for like 20 seconds right at the end of the day and my glasses were on my cart...sure enough

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
beartp515 said:
Can you "see it". By that I mean if you look around can you see it in your eye? With out a mirror. More like a smudge? Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Can't see it. But it's there. It's moving north, toward my brain

·
Registered
6 Posts
You go to the eye doctor and they put in some drops that numb your eye then they pull/scrape it out. Had both eyes done, full epithelial scrape on each when I was 16. Most uncomfortable part was the really bright light you had to look into. Moral... be careful with fireworks...
-Ken

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
I have a small piece of steel in my eyes. It hurts. I'm irritable. What should I do?

Obviously I'll go to acute care if I think it's gonna be a problem but I was wondering if anyone had some home remedies.
Use the end of a paper match that you get with a pack of Cigarettes,that little piece of steel will stick to the end of the match as the paper will soak up your eyeball water.

If that don't work, acute care for you.

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
beartp515 said:
Well good luck brother. I wouldn't wait to long. I would rather see a Dr. and have it be nothing severe than the other way around. Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Thanks guy. Not too bad for a spartan....go hawks!

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.