Electrician Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Estwing magic
26,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever notice that when a customer calls you "my friend", he's pulling out the extra large jar of Vaseline?

Here's my response: You need an Occupancy Permit to sell your house. You need my signature on a Verification of Compliance first. Pay up, MY FRIEND.

·
Registered
Electrician
3,560 Posts
Did you keep me from, or help me get out of jail?
Have you helped me move?
Were you there to help me hide the bodies?

Not a friend then, but an acquaintance!

Reactions: Big John and 8V71

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
Hearing "my friend" makes me think of someone from India, Pakistan, or middle eastern area.

·
Banned
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
33,456 Posts
Worse yet, John McCain

Reactions: jbfan

·
Registered
12,167 Posts

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Corollary to that:

Every time (and there have been several) I am in a business deal with someone who is always carrying around a bible with him, he ends up being the biggest crook in the room. I have a bible too, at home, next to my bed. People who seem to flaunt it in your face during business transactions I think do so SPECIFICALLY to give a false impression of honesty. So far, it has worked out 100% of the time that I get ripped off by them. Next time I see that, I'm doubling my prices and demanding 50% up front...

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Corollary to that:

Every time (and there have been several) I am in a business deal with someone who is always carrying around a bible with him, he ends up being the biggest crook in the room. I have a bible too, at home, next to my bed. People who seem to flaunt it in your face during business transactions I think do so SPECIFICALLY to give a false impression of honesty. So far, it has worked out 100% of the time that I get ripped off by them. Next time I see that, I'm doubling my prices and demanding 50% up front...

and THAT's why I don't do work for churches

·
Estwing magic
26,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't believe a guy who still tries to negotiate even when you have his head in a vice. Paid in full, thank you very much.

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
Corollary to that:

I'm a recovering christian JR, so you're preachin' to the choir ....;)

The jist of moral highground is very much a human element found in many facets of life. :whistling2:

But there is no better 'i'm better than you, because....' than the religmo's of this world, and the best part is, they don't even need to make sense!:thumbsup:

~CS~

·
Florida resident
3,898 Posts
Corollary to that:

there are more devils in the church than out of the church

1 - 17 of 17 Posts