Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL, probably true, well I've been both, currently Union. Seen good work on both sides of the fence.

·
I have a black cat.
4,021 Posts
I hate horizontal slot screws.

Now, what kind of fool does that?
:rolleyes:

·
Ambassador of Amps
9,518 Posts
I hate horizontal slot screws.

Now, what kind of fool does that?
:rolleyes:
I have never cared to make the screw slot horizontal or vertical in my life. Actually, I never heard of doing that till i came here.

~Matt

·
I have a black cat.
4,021 Posts
I have never cared to make the screw slot horizontal or vertical in my life. Actually, I never heard of doing that till i came here.

~Matt
I was sorta joking and obviously it makes no difference at all but I've (was taught to) always lined up slot screws vertical since I first started trimming out.
I make em vertical even if a receptacle is horizontal.

·
Ambassador of Amps
9,518 Posts
I was sorta joking and obviously it makes no difference at all but I've (was taught to) always lined up slot screws vertical since I first started trimming out.
I make em vertical even if a receptacle is horizontal.
Actually, I take that back.. the very first time i heard about it was from my friend in the union... I just laughed because I thought he was joking.:blink:

~Matt

·
I have a black cat.
4,021 Posts
On a job a couple years ago I realized it's a good idea. A site supe (total douche) complained one morning that some of my cover plates weren't level. I said really, show me. He showed me and sure enough they were crooked. Well, I showed him all of the other plates were level with vertical slots. The crooked ones didn't have vertical slots.

Dumb painters.

I promptly received a verbal apology from the supe.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts