Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jlarson said:
I see you guys do external discos. What about an aux disconnect and xformer for lighting? That's spec for some of our facilities.
This cabinet was commissioned. I knew nothing of its nature until it showed up. There are lights in this cab tied in from the control transformer. Is that what you mean? I haven't gotten a chance to really examine it yet. I thought the laptop stand was badass haha but I'm easily impressed

Edit: fwiw I'm not sure how I feel about the external disconnect. I gotta take 2" grc out of this so the higher up I can start the run the better. Oh well I'll make it work

·
Who you gonna call?
1,177 Posts
ponyboy said:
New conveyor. 80 motors, light screens, prox sensors, button stations and pull chains[/

As a small shop we only get what two guys can bang out in a quick time. That control work is good work. I always feel myself getting dumber the longer I'm away from it, but always surprised how quick the knowledge comes back when you have to troubleshoot it.

·
Registered
14,583 Posts
This cabinet was commissioned. I knew nothing of its nature until it showed up. There are lights in this cab tied in from the control transformer. Is that what you mean? I haven't gotten a chance to really examine it yet. I thought the laptop stand was badass haha but I'm easily impressed

Edit: fwiw I'm not sure how I feel about the external disconnect. I gotta take 2" grc out of this so the higher up I can start the run the better. Oh well I'll make it work
Sometimes we have a second disconnect and xformer tapped ahead of the main disco to power the lights and the GFCI receps. We don't usually use safety switches, typically we bolt n12 or n4 disconnect cans right to the side of the panel and cut and edge the holes.

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
dronai said:
Are they having the conveyor people do the complete installation, or are in on some of this ?
Myself and one other guy will do the assembly and construction. I might assign the terminating out. I've been designing the conduit layouts for a long time on this one

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Big John said:
Those power indicators seem to be all the rage lately. I don't get them: If you need a blinking light to tell you not to stick your fingers in there, you shouldn't be sticking your fingers in there regardless.
thats why I included that picture; first time I've ever seen it done. All it is is a lead from each phase of the main terminal block hooked up to it. Not exactly foolproof

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.