Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of threads about pouches and tools here. I happened to bring my pouch home this weekend so newbis and the like listen up. Barring specialty work I do 90% of my work out of this pouch and its contents. Not saying it'll work for everyone but it works just fine for me.

Bottle Tool Alcohol Drink Furniture

Toy Action figure Fictional character Furniture Transformers

·
Banned
7,221 Posts
I happened to bring my pouch home this weekend so newbis and the like listen up. Barring specialty work I do 90% of my work out of this pouch and its contents. Not saying it'll work for everyone but it works just fine for me.

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FrunkSlammer said:
I happened to bring my pouch home this weekend so newbis and the like listen up. Barring specialty work I do 90% of my work out of this pouch and its contents. Not saying it'll work for everyone but it works just fine for me.
i think your pouch is identical to mine! We could own everything!

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I see what you're getting at frunky, and it only solidifies my point. It does not take a ridiculous amount of unnecessary hand tools to be productive. Everything in my pouch is very basic and accessible to lowliest of worker types.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I think I see what you're getting at frunky, and it only solidifies my point. It does not take a ridiculous amount of unnecessary hand tools to be productive. Everything in my pouch is very basic and accessible to lowliest of worker types.
thats a leather bag.very hard to find these days.

hey. be a proud electrician. atleast iam

Sent from my HUAWEI Y210-0100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Data Tech/Apprentice.
9,013 Posts
thats a leather bag.very hard to find these days.

hey. be a proud electrician. atleast iam

Sent from my HUAWEI Y210-0100 using Tapatalk 2
Id say 90% of bags/pouches and aprons here on sites leather, those made in NZ that is.

If your looking for one then www.carpenterstoolbelt .com ships worldwide.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I wear a tool pouch daily with only the tools i need. After a couple of hours though my left leg goes numb. My belt is a gatorback.

·
Premium Member
19,544 Posts
Lots of threads about pouches and tools here. I happened to bring my pouch home this weekend so newbis and the like listen up. Barring specialty work I do 90% of my work out of this pouch and its contents. Not saying it'll work for everyone but it works just fine for me.

View attachment 35141

View attachment 35142
Can you post an X-ray of your spine?

After 30+ years of doing this kind of work, I have whittled my carry tools down to 5.

·
:-)
3,670 Posts
Been wearing this since '68. Spine is fine. New drivers tho. Tools replaced with same as they wear. New tape measure , etc. Hammer downsized to 16 Oz. from 20 Oz. maybe 10 years ago.

All body parts still work too! :eek: Bunch of kitties out there with their blue sizzors and a 1/4" driver in their back pocket.

·
Premium Member
19,544 Posts
Been wearing this since '68. Spine is fine. New drivers tho. Tools replaced with same as they wear. New tape measure , etc. I should update.

All body parts still work too! :eek: Bunch of kitties out there with their blue sizzors and a 1/4" driver in their back pocket.

Hey, you have some of those funny looking ketchup and mustard colored screwdrivers.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
A guy at my job wears a pizza box like that. With every hand tool. It's too much. Unless your working in a remote outpost, carry the tools need for the task at hand.

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
jrannis said:
Can you post an X-ray of your spine? After 30+ years of doing this kind of work, I have whittled my carry tools down to 5.
I should clarify. I don't wear that thing on my belt. I just carry it with me, slung on my shoulder. I couldn't justify wearing a tool belt

·
Premium Member
19,544 Posts
I should clarify. I don't wear that thing on my belt. I just carry it with me, slung on my shoulder. I couldn't justify wearing a tool belt
Do you alternate shoulders?
Like Monday Wednesday Friday right side, Tuesday and Thursday left side? Months that end with an R do the opposite or something like that?

·
IBEW L.U. 1852
5,261 Posts
I was wary of clicking on this thread...
I felt the same way, but then I noticed it was started by ponyboy and not erics37.

If it had been erics name there then.....:no::no:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts